Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2009 :  20:30:12  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha ye I wont lol all my stuff came today for my ball python ive set it all up got the temps perfect mate just need to get my BP, getting him on saturday cant wait.
Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2009 :  22:41:33  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya again, Blackecho ive set up thermostat and heat mat running ok although will the heat mat turn off arfter it gets to the set temprature or will it turn off then come back on when the senser on the thrrmostat sees it low?, also ive got it in contact right under my rub and on wood underneath do you think it will melt or burn, as I wont be too happy if the house burns down lol, Thanks alot,
Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  05:56:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm guessing you have a simple on/off stat? - in which case, yes, it will turn off when it gets to a certain temperature and then back on when it cools to a certain temp.

Because of the stat it should never get hot enough to burn down your house.

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  08:26:38  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes its a ministat100 ive set it too just above 92 been waiting overnight one sides like 91 and the other like 68 and the heat mat takes up like half the mat?
Thanks
Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  19:00:41  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmm Ive got the hot side set to 92 but the cold side is set at 70 I thought the cold side should be at least 75-80 when the hot side is 92?
What you guys think?
Thanks Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  19:09:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
With a heat mat, the cold side will only be as warm as the room its in.

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  19:55:49  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so does that mean the ball python will not like the cod side at all and never go near there?
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  21:26:04  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Heya everyone, can you all tell me if this is a suitible setup for my ball python hatchling? thanks,
Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  22:41:58  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also can you tell me where I should put my stat prob because its not going on and off at the right temprature, e.g at 95 degrees it still keeps the light on, ive got it just in the tank shall I put it on the heat mat directly?
Thanks, Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  08:17:23  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You need a hide at both ends and I would have the probe on the floor above the heatmat, then just adjust the thermostat up or down until you get the right temperatures.

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  09:10:27  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok will it be ok tooo have that same mediam hide in the cold end exactly the same place or willl it be too cramped. Also I dont quite get what you mean in the rub under the substrate on the heat mat or does that mean directly on the heat mat.
Thanks Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  12:23:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cramped = good.

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  12:46:57  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok where should I put the matstat prob I didnt quite understand you, directly on the heatmat underneath, on the substrate in the warm end under the substrate where exactly,
Thanks Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Danny Action1
Yearling

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  15:41:00  Show Profile  Click to see Danny Action1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would tape the probe to the mat and the just sit the Rub on the mat thats what i do

0.1.0 Lemmon Pastel
0.1.0 Albino
1.0.0 Spider
1.0.0 Pastel
1.1.0 Mojave
1.0.0 Het Pied
0.1.0 Pied
0.1.0 Pinstripe
1.0.0 Double het Caramel Glow
0.1.0 Het Orange Ghost
0.1.0 Het Caramel
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  16:45:03  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can I put the probe in with my temprature probe under the warm hide seems to be working?,a lthought also due to my thermostat it keeps going on and off so it srepeatedly goes from 80-90 then back down to 80 then up to 90 constantly will this p*** off the snake continuosly changing all the time?
Thanks,
Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  21:35:11  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Having your probe with the thermometer will work too.

The up and down temperature is to be expected with an on/off stat.

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  09:57:29  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is there another heat mat stat which keeps the temps the same?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  10:22:58  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A Pulse Proportional, though they're a little more expensive.

Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  10:49:33  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok ill get one when hes moving into his wooden viv, getting him today in a bit cant wait!
Wohoo thanks,
Luke.
Go to Top of Page

Lukee
Hatchling

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  10:51:09  Show Profile  Click to see Lukee's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
omg its only like 10£ more dammit should have got that:( http://www.petzoo.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=140
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000