Slash fasting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukglyn
Yearling

United Kingdom
109 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  11:30:00  Show Profile  Visit ukglyn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all
Well Slash not ate anything since xmas day, first refusal was due to been in shed, so no worries. Once shed I offered again, but there was no interest, he infact seemed scared of the rat.
I know this is nothing to worry about, just a phase they go through, apart from keeping an eye on his weight is there anything else i should/ should not be doing?
Thanks in advance.
Glyn

www.glyntjonesphotography.co.uk

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  11:37:12  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
shouldnt worry at the moment, just keep monitoring his weight, if he starts losing weight then that shows the start of a problem. But royals can go without food for many months.
Also it is breeding season (i think!) and the males can tend to go off of their food because their minds are preoccupied with other things

hope this helps and again there is nothing to worry about at the moment

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  12:05:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Glen, long time no see, its a funny time of year for male Royals, thinking about the ladies, don't really care about food so don't worry. Just keep an eye on weight and condition.

Go to Top of Page

brookehamiltonx
Hatchling

United Kingdom
89 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  01:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fingers crossed he'll eat something soon

Go to Top of Page

james200789
Yearling

United Kingdom
183 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  11:58:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mines back to eating now, he didnt eat from 28th nov last year until 27th dec he didnt lose any weight and is fine and back on track now, as BE said keep an eye on weight and condition and he should be eating again.

1.0.0 Royal Python (Monty)
1.0.0 Western hognose(Fredo)
0.1.0 false water cobra(Suzy)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000