New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ddm10
Yearling

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  00:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, want to get some new decor for the viv, anyone know any good sites? I want to get some nice wood and bark to build up a few good hiding places, to try and entice him out of his hide.

ROYAL PYTHON 1.0.0

Edited by - ddm10 on 07/02/2010 14:54:03

richard v
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  15:34:12  Show Profile  Click to see richard v's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have two large pieces of log two hides and 4 artifical plants which give it loads of cover and extra hiding places and he only ever moves from one hide to another or if its nearly feeding time he may come out, I would not waste to much money you can make stuff yourself from un wanted small cartons boxes from around your home.
Go to Top of Page

ddm10
Yearling

United Kingdom
189 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  16:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want some of that nice wood and bark pieces that iv'e seen in peoples viv set-up pics, nothing too pricey mind. It's just that my vivs quite big and i want to build up more cover.

ROYAL PYTHON 1.0.0
Go to Top of Page

reptilekeeper1992
Yearling

United Kingdom
331 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  17:30:49  Show Profile  Click to see reptilekeeper1992's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
try this website

http://www.bigappleherp.com/Zoo-Med-Natural-Cork-Bark

the prices are in american dollars but nothing a currency converter wont handle. The prices go up depending on what size you want.

Or if you want some quick, local reptile shop?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2010 :  18:00:08  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Dunelm, ebay.

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2010 :  12:16:37  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A good hint if you have wood vivs, get some cheap brush handles (ie the big brush you would sweep the floor with) and cut them to size, I got about £15 for £1.50 each, cut them to size and created strong "branches" across the viv, then wrapped vines around them to make them look better and added foliage. You can also create removeable climbing frames so it's easier to clean the vivs.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000