Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  23:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Brooke.
The branch is a Java branch. They are all prepped but a soak would be good first. You can get them in garden centres and reptile places all over.
You can get them online but not everyone will take pictures of every unique branch as they are natural.
Try http://reptilekeeping.co.uk/vivarium-decor-cork-bark-wood-c-28_110.html?osCsid=7dlm3eeo6i1lf57l3ml3h0vg00 as an idea

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  23:09:36  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats a nice little set up you have there. Can't wait till my corns are a bit bigger so i can kit there vivs out all nice, that and the fact that when they move up i'm getting my Royal
Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  13:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FAO Welly - where oh where did you find your log!?!?

I've been looking for a smooth log like that everywhere & to no avail :(

0.1.0 Albino Nelson's Milk Snake (Strawbs)
0.1.0 Royal Python (Velvet)
Go to Top of Page

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  13:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ignore me, i posted before reading :)

0.1.0 Albino Nelson's Milk Snake (Strawbs)
0.1.0 Royal Python (Velvet)
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  22:24:28  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i hope this works here are 4 of my vivs pictures 2 royals , one one pictureit shows no guard or glass they were put on after but b4 Sid went in as i cant get all bits in with glass and guard was still drying out been washed ! please let me know wat you think or is there any thing i could make better i am planning on some new blackgrounds and also Buddygaa did have a water bowl i just took picture b4 i put it in .

IMG]http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz78/mischang/Snakes%202010/Buddygaapart3viv.jpg

IF THESE PICCYS DONT WORK I AM LOST COMPLETLY ON HOW TO DO THEM HAVE GOT THEM ON PHOTOBUCKET BUT NOT SURE IF I HAVE DONE THIS RIGHT !

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  22:25:35  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HA HA I DID IT WHOOP WHOOP

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  22:31:29  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Thats Bud she is a 6/7 yr old beardy.
IMG]http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz78/mischang/Snakes%202010/bob2010.jpg
Thats Bob a 4 yr old

thats Mya she is 4 and we tokk Buddygaa to get some fresh air as the sky man wont go in the room with her in there ??? she was in her viv !

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  00:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some nice set ups everyone. but please oh please if you have a flourescent tube in your set up for a snake you should remove it asap. This type of lighting flickers at a fast rate that can really stress a royal out. also they are so easy to break and even the smallest royal would have no problem stattering it if the were tp grip it. If you absolutely feel the need for some white light then use a small 25w or lower light bulb but make sure it is guarded. sorry for the bit of the rant. but just wanted to point it out as some new royal owners may not be aware.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle

Edited by - spor on 18/04/2010 00:45:12
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  11:20:36  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have fitting for them in my viv but only cause they used to house beardys! mutli purpose vivs hehe.

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  22:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Mexi Black's new setup. Not quite finished just yet, still have a rock outcrop and that branch at the back to screw up. But what do you think? I know he's a tad small for it yet but he'll go into it when he's ready. He was just exploring as he was trying to escape out that old one again.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King

Edited by - Welly on 19/04/2010 23:08:16
Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  22:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Welly

Thought I'd share my new build. I have a BRB waiting to come home to me from Mason as some know. He will be in a RUB untill ready to move over of course but i wanted to get it done so i can iron out any problems.

Initially i was going for a mangrove effect, but having costing things up and looking at bits and pieces it wouldn't have looked as good as a jungle setup. So went for that instead.
I knew that i would need high humidity and that a wooden Viv would warp over time. But i also wanted to keep the same viv's as i have as they look good so i needed a solution.
This is how i did it:

I started with an Oak Vivexotic Vx36. I wanted to line it with acyrlic but the cost of doing so was stupid. So used Plexiglas instead. It cost me about £21 in total.

I cut it all to size and built it in the viv so that it would be a perfect fit. I siliconed all the edges and let it set overnight.

Once i knew it was set i removed the new "box" to make sure it was watertight and let my ducks go swimming over night.

It was quite sturdy and held an amazing amount of water. I stuck 24 litres in there and it held all night.

I made a small barrier i the middle as i want a wet side and a dry side. It was another plexi glass cut with a smoothed top put in the middle of the box.

Again i water tested it and it was all good.

Next up was to cut the top 2 vents out and to add the background.
The tape you can see is double sided tape

If i need to i can always cut out the bottom two vents.

Next up was to add some Decoration and some substrate (for photo purposes i have have stuck the water bowl on a tub. It will be off the ground but need to make a bracket to hold it up)
The substrate is only in for now for testing humidity.

Add some plants

Needed to make a ceiling for it as well so did that with a few braces in it. It fits below the wooden lid and fits perfectly. Just enough pressure to keep it water tight

Still need to do the electrics yet but without any heating or lighting is holding at 92% and 24'.

Here is my 3 stack

Hope you enjoy
Paul.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  22:43:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Stunning Paul.

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  22:58:15  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow say no little say no more !

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  10:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all. Dunno what to do next as i don't have an room.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  11:21:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Paul. I wanted to do a bioactive substrate and was going to line viv with acrylic but found it was too exprensive too. Thanks for the plexiglass idea .

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  22:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't think of plexiglass either untill i was trawlng round Bq for an alternative. But it fits the bill just as well if not better.

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  14:45:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice job very impressed and great pics to document.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  22:42:00  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well done that man, cracking job

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  02:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all, so far so good. The humidity is holding perfectly and the moss has dried a little in places ut over all is holding fine.
The Temp is upto 28' and holding. Seems good on first glance but i don't have any form of heating in there yet.
I have put a night light in there and have gone way from the normal 40W nigh light and gone too a lucy Reptile LED moon light. It's pretty good albeit a bit bright, but nothing a bit of angling and black tape hasn't sorted.

More picures soon

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  08:49:40  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
this is a brilliant viv you have made there. congrats, it must have been such hard work and i cannot wait to see it fully finished with you brb in it enjoying it.

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000