New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2010 :  10:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there all help needed had bones out last week having trouble shed and feeding while she was out i replaced all the sub with kitchen roll and cleaned as normal got home this week she had shed and poo took her out the next day to feed she came out like normal and help herself to mid rat the bigest she has ever had while out i checked and clean the viv and on the tissue the dred found one mite. I have my new one in the viv above should i move the new one across the room and go with an oly bath and keep her back in her rub. I have not done anything yet because i want her to digest the rat advice needed please. Also due thay live on humans ect as i keep the vivs in my frontroom. Thanks all.

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2010 :  13:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would wait till the meal has digested then clean and disenfect all viv's and RUB's...only way to be sure of getting rid of them.

As far as im aware they cant live on humans or cats and dogs.

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2010 :  14:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there thanks dazb going to wait till sunday as thay both fed on thurs night sunday should be ok just changed her moist hide and checked it no signs damp white tissue inside as she spends some time inside it also i have not replaced the sub in the viv just lined the bottom with kitch roll.thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  20:33:19  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Sticks I hope it wasn't a snake mite but best to treat just in case it was, there are two threads in Health that may help you to treat if it is snake mite, be aware that they have a 5-6 week life cycle depending on the temperature check out the health section and if you need more advice shout

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  01:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it may have just been a substrate mite. you get them from time to time if you have missed a spot when cleaning and they feed of that. not harmful to snake but can be un-sightly. normal good clean. hoover out and disinfect should clear them out.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  20:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there spur thanks for you help think you may have been wright not seen one since i took the sub out she has been on tissue for three weeks now she seems ok came out ten days ago and took a mid size rat tryed again tonight but she just had a sniff and left it she has got her shine back i was thinking she may have an allegy with that sub ??. my new late 09 fed last week and shed and fed again tonight
left a little tiny bit on his tail going to leave it for a week see if it comes of put a little olly oil on it.Thanks again see ya.
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  21:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sounding good. just keep a good eye out on the mites issue. if they are there you will normally find them on the belly scales mid to rear end. just check carefully when snake is coiling through your hand. and make sure your watching hands and disposing of everything from viv.. good luck but it does sound like your in the clear.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page