Damp hide !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  09:08:41  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya all i have to share this as i'm so pleased with myself let me explain my hubby to be is always moaning (not in a bad way sort of playin) he says the dogs have new bedding more than i have hot dinners ,the dragons eat more locusts than i have steak, you play with the snakes more than me etc... you get the picture bless him he puts up with alot lol .Well Sid (royal) is about to have his 1st shed since i've had him and i thought rather than buy any things what around the house that the kids could help with they love making things ! and i found a old ceral plastic container you know the one that are plactic with a removeable lid for cleaning and half the lid is a flap that when you lift has a round (not sharp may i add) hole perfect for a royal ! i took the flap off ,so i made my moss up let it cool etc.... and hey presto ! damp hide for nothing i was so chuffed with my self i went and woke Sid up to put him in so he knew it was there not that i would normally wake him and he went in turned around a few times came out and had a look around and all over it and went back in to sleep so he must like it !! however i've not woke the other half up yet to show him doubt he would be a friendly as Sid ! lol x x x

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  10:13:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well done, sounds good.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  21:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well done. great the things you can find around the house to use an save a lot of money by doing so.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  22:30:10  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well it worked both pythons have had a full clean shed am so pleased alot easyier and less stress on them having to be distured when misted or reg baths if they struggle ,even with logs and rocks to rub on . Sid shed in the damp hide it self and Buddygaa shed under her warm hide her shed was 100 % in tact even eyes .

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  22:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine is an ice cream tub.
Sabre has really taken too it recently. She gets right into it and dissapears for days on end.
Seen here

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Edited by - Welly on 11/04/2010 22:44:33
Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  09:01:42  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
glad it all worked for you. Have to admit I prefer a humid hide to misting anyday

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  01:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad you had good sheds...you be making your own vivs next.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  10:37:26  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
already done lol !

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000