New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GirlHarry
Hatchling

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  14:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, long time since i've been on here. I'd like to share a website with you and warn you guys against ordering from them..

www.frozendirect.com

I ordered 20 rats and 20 mice from them early Monday morning and the only delivery option available was "delivery before 1pm next working day" for £11.99. I thought the price was a bit steep [considering the order was only worth £17] but figured i needed them and so be it.

So i made a family member sit in the house from 7am - 1pm today [as i'm out of the house from 8am-6pm every day] and by 1:40pm i called them and asked where my delivery was. Apparently the guy who's the head of this family-run business in Yorkshire was in Holland working up until this morning and said he had meant to put this info on the website so to warn people the food would be delayed by a day but forgot.

I told him i wasn't pleased because i couldn't arrange for anyone to be in the house tomorrow for the LATE delivery and he flippently said "yerrrr well love, it's just one of those things!".. ... i told him with all due respect it shouldnt be 'one of those things' and he should offer some sort of goodwill gesture as i have paid over a tenner for a delivery which is now [through no fault of my own] unavailable to me. He said he would not offer me anything and hinted that i either like it or lump it.

I tried to call back after thinking about it with the intention of cancelling my order but he will not pick up. Funny that.

Basically wanted to warn you guys that this is what happened and to think twice incase you end up in the same situation as me as he is VERY unreasonable.

0.1.0 Albino Nelson's Milk Snake (Strawbs)
0.1.0 Royal Python (Velvet)

paulo
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  14:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers for the warning.

I have only ordered frozen rats off the web from 888 repitles before, they only offer the next day service before 1 option as well. But they have always turned up on time. (If you do try 888 reptiles they will most likely be more expensive than what you paid before).
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  15:08:59  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
any 1 else have any good ideas about other on line suppliers ?

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
692 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  15:18:13  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you will find that the delivery costs are the same acosse frozen food companies. but if tou want another website try TSM http://www.tsmreptiles.com/

it does cost alot to send out frozen food and only a select few delivery companies will do a less than 24hr delivery.
take that into account and the cost of the poly boxes dry ice.

o matter what company you use you will need to be in in the morning/day to recieve it

1.0.0 western hognose 1.1.0 royals 2.1.0 corn snake
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  15:24:45  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
TSM is excellent customer service, I always use them, delivery gets cheaper the more you order and is free if you spend over £125 (maybe group together with some friends if you can't do that by yourself).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000