New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  19:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You peoples out there must hear this alot but its got me confused.
Xena is due a shed and about 10 days ago I noticed her eyes turning and her colour going dull. Over the next week ive been giving her baths measured at 32 degrees every couple of days and her eyes turned blue. But now there's no traces of a shed and all her colour has returned and her behaviour Is almost back to normal too.
Ive given her a moss hide and the temp is measured from inside.
is she still gonna shed?

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  19:38:31  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, they clear again before they shed, any day now

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  19:44:18  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
dont forget to check damp hide as well as one of mine sheds in there !

Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  19:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome thanks alot. I usually mist her damp hide morning and night and I have a check for her shed when I change her water too.
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  20:41:30  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wat do you have in her damp hide ?? i use moss and once its done i leave it i dont mist it at all i check it to make sure no mould spores when i do water but aprt from that i dont cause too much humid could cause an R.I thats the only reason i ask hun x

Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2010 :  00:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The humidity is 53%. Im using green moss I got for a reptile shop near me. I froze it till I needed it then used boiling water to make sure there was no bugs in there. then I squeezed the water out till it was slightly damp. I only lightly mist the hide Cos otherwise it dry's out.
Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  23:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your help, Xena had a 100% shed last night. no poop yet though and has only lost 2 grams in the 15 days she's not eaten for. :-) is it ok to offer her food now? Since she's out and about and before she shown no interest.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  00:02:38  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, you can offer, but I usually leave a couple of days after a shed.

Go to Top of Page

milvstrana
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  01:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As soon as I turned the hairdriver she appeared at the hatch hole in the faun. And she Even tried to strike for the rat fluff as I was opening the tank, took it with no hesitation
Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2010 :  17:01:59  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
glad to hear hun x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000