how long
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  17:06:53  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
how long do i leave my new royal for before feeding and handling? i now wen i got my corn we left him a week before feeding and then 2 days after that for handling, is it the same for royals?

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  17:13:48  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hello.

when i feed mine i leave him for at least 24 hrs befor handling. generaly leave him or a whole day so say if i fed him on saturday i wouldnt handle him until monday.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  18:00:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Danny, yes, much the same, although I'd probably try to get a couple of feeds down before handling and leave 48hr before handling.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  00:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi yeah as above. though with a new young snake a would wait to get 3 consectutive feeds into them before handling

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  16:50:32  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so how often do i feed a hatchling, is it every 5 days, so don't handle her for 2 weeks-15 days, so to get 3 feeds down her

next step, think of names

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2010 :  23:17:46  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
5 days is fine, yep.

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  00:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah five days is good. and yeah i know 15days+ seems like a very long time but it can really pay of in the end. as your snake can get into a feeding pattern and used to how and what it is being fed. which all being well would mean then when you do get to handling her ( for small amounts of time and not to often to begin with ) that she will keep feeding.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 19/06/2010 :  07:15:55  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks, im sure i can go 15 days without handling, i will just have to stare at her everyday with monty in my hands so that my hands are full

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000