Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  15:34:03  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i got my royal today, will upload a few shots that i got before i put him in his cage, unfortunatly i wanted a female 2010 baby but hardly anybody had 2010 babies and the poeple that did didn't have any females at all. the person that i bought him off was very good apart from not having any records of him, no feeding, no shedding, aparently a very good feeder, on defrosted small mice. the price was menat to be 60 but since i am 15 and young the guy sed that he would do it for 50 he is a normal het pied and e sed he would maybe have some females in sept so will try and persuade dad on that one. i am so excited. and thank you piers/blackecho for the cork bark, it looks really nice in the tank, although i had to cut it down. i love him so much, and the 2 weeks of no handling will be so hard. will get pics up soon. i now have to think of names, my mum came up with the name 'bullet' which i think is nice but will see over the next month about names. i think that is all i have to say for now...

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  16:14:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No probs Danny, was nice to meet you

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  16:28:23  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice to meet u to, we will have to do it again some day, but next time hopefully i will be able to meet up with alot of u

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  16:52:03  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
here are the pics

on his belly, i don't know if u can see it, he has a line, like an old scratch or somethiong that has healed or something like that, my dad sed it might be his belly button thing, but im not sure. also with this pick aparetly you can tell he is het for pied as he has a white belly and some white marking snext to his belly
is this true, appernetly he is a het pied royal and the guy sed u can tell cuz of his belly, apperently it being full white and all that, is this true, is he het pied?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  17:17:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the line is probably where the umbilical cord was attached in the egg.

Het Pieds are known to have 'tram lines' either side of the belly, although this in itself is not a guarantee as it can occur on non-het Pieds too.

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  17:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congratulations on your purchase.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  18:50:04  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks u, he is adorable. i love him so much, i wish i had got a royal earlier, they are adorable, i think i have caught the royal bug now,

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  21:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on your royal. did the fella selling them have any pieds on his stall as well?

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  21:50:14  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no he didn't he just had 6 of these, about 4 other morphs that i cannot remember and 2 blue eyed lucys, i am going to phone him tomorow to see if i can get some more info from him like what he bred to get these and see if he has any feeding and shedding scheduales...

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 20/06/2010 :  22:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you are going to get in touch ask him if he can provide you with any paper work to prove the het. just so you have it so that in whatever x amount of years you decide to sell your snake you can prove it.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  07:52:59  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i will do that, even though i will never sell him, but it would still be nice to have paperwork to say that he is a definate het pied

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  09:56:39  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats on your new snake :)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  16:07:10  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
a few poeple i now have sed he might be in shed, do u think so from the pics?
also i am going to phone the guy and ask loads of questions like:
how long have u been breeding royals
website and email address
what were the parents
paper work to say he is het pied
feeding recors
shedding records
things like this, anything else i should ask?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  16:53:38  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
He could well be in shed, or it could be to do with the camera flash.

Just to say too that there is no 'official' paperwork for recessive hets, and as they look normal it would be very difficult to prove at some point in the future that the snake you have is the one mentioned in the paperwork, even if it included a picture. Anyone could print some paperwork off from Word or something so its not really worth much, its more about whether you trust the guy or not.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  17:26:23  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i trust the guy as he kept pointing out the tram lines on every snake he got out that was het pied. he got bullet out and turned him over and was like, you can see the tram lines here proving he is het and all that, i will give him a call anyway

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  17:36:56  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
mods, would it be possible for you change the name of this thread to "bullets progression thread" or however progression is spelt plz

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  18:24:17  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
problem, i have just seen bullet roaming about in his tank and he came up to the front, i had a good look at him but on his eye he has a dint, it's like if you get a piece of plastic and slightly press it with a pen it leaves a dent in the plastic, it is like that on his eye. what is it, do you advise that i get him out and try and take some photos for you so i can now what it is?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  18:50:02  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like dehydration, especially if he is coming up to a shed. If it doesn't go when he sheds (make sure the eye caps have gone) then you can give him a bath.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  18:57:10  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it is like plastic bent in, so it's only dehydration, thank u so much piers, you have put my mind to rest, i was thinking it was guna be really serious like he was blind or something, not that i wouldn't love him any less, but was just panicking that i had already done something wrong, thank again piers and thank you so much for the quick respnse, so what happens if he is not in shed, should i just wiat till the 2 weeks are over to see if he sheds and if the dint is still there as i might not see him for a while
edit, thanks for changing the name as well

sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 21/06/2010 18:58:51
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  19:48:29  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, if he doesn't shed and it doesn't get worse, give him a bath in a couple of weeks.

You may find that he doesn't feel like eating with his eye like that, but there's only one way to find out

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  20:12:53  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
y do there eyes do that? is it a bad thing or a normal thing with royals, so hopefully it should sort itself out with a shed.
i hope he doesn't refuse but if he does bullet is on the same food as monty, small mice, so if he refuses monty will get it

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000