Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  22:12:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My normal female Hannah quite often has dented eyes, she always has plenty of water in her viv but i think she just doesn`t drink enough. So ever 4-5 days i put her in a tub of water (making sure its around 85 degrees) about an inch deep for around 10-15 mins or as soon as i`ve seen her drink. It always suprises me how quickly it sorts her eyes out.
I think its just one of those things, maybe in the wild these would be the ones that may struggle, lucky for them that they have caring keepers to keep an eye (no pun intended) on them

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 21/06/2010 22:13:37
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2010 :  22:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way please dont read that as if im implying that your Royal isnt in good health.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  07:50:11  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i don't take in any ofence at all, i don't mind if it is a reocoring problem as i will always be there for him to help when needed. so if he going to shed, it should sort itself out but if it doesn't sort itself out from shedding i need to give bullet a bath? what happens if he doesn't shed, do i just give him a bath. should i get him out after the first feed (after the 48 hours if he feeds) to check if the eye has gone if he has or hasn't shed.

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  07:50:54  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

My normal female Hannah quite often has dented eyes, she always has plenty of water in her viv but i think she just doesn`t drink enough. So ever 4-5 days i put her in a tub of water (making sure its around 85 degrees) about an inch deep for around 10-15 mins or as soon as i`ve seen her drink. It always suprises me how quickly it sorts her eyes out.
I think its just one of those things, maybe in the wild these would be the ones that may struggle, lucky for them that they have caring keepers to keep an eye (no pun intended) on them

is this only when she sheds or is it all the time?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  09:47:33  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i don't take in any ofence at all, i don't mind if it is a reocoring problem as i will always be there for him to help when needed. so if he going to shed, it should sort itself out but if it doesn't sort itself out from shedding i need to give bullet a bath? what happens if he doesn't shed, do i just give him a bath. should i get him out after the first feed (after the 48 hours if he feeds) to check if the eye has gone if he has or hasn't shed.

Sounds like a plan.

The dehydration may just be down to the snake having been in a hot car journey to the show, sitting on a table at the show and then a hot journey to your home.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  17:31:14  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok then, i will see how he is on friday when i feed him

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2010 :  18:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hannahs always had problems, i bought her from a very bad shop, didnt realise at the time. I was sold equipement that i didnt require and a snake ifested with mites. She`s never managed a successful shed, i always have to help her (the skin rips on her neck) and shes always had the dehydration/drinking problems, but i put her in a tub of water and i always see her drink, so for me its just been a case of helping her along.
I know its just her and not my husbandry as my others are all fine.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

spor
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1226 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  00:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

Hannahs always had problems, i bought her from a very bad shop, didnt realise at the time. I was sold equipement that i didnt require and a snake ifested with mites. She`s never managed a successful shed, i always have to help her (the skin rips on her neck) and shes always had the dehydration/drinking problems, but i put her in a tub of water and i always see her drink, so for me its just been a case of helping her along.
I know its just her and not my husbandry as my others are all fine.

is it possible that the humidity in her viv could be slightly lower? sorry if you have already gone through this but just read it si i thought i'd ask.

0.4.0 Royal Python
1.0.0 Pastel Royal
0.1.0 Spider Royal
1.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Stripe Corn
1.0.0 Yellow Bellied Turtle
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  15:19:25  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i will be feeding bullet on friday, i have a few questions, after being advised by BE to feed every 5 days i am, but like evryone has told me i am hands off for 2 weeks, but i like to feed my snakes out side there tanks, i am ok feed bullet in a plastic box and then transfer him back to his cage? how do i put him back in his cage, with monty my corn, i just put the box by his viv and he goes back in with a little nudge from me, even though trying to bite me still, i now you can handle snakes once they have eaten to put them back in there cage, am i ok to do this? shall i feed him and then put the box over his faun and if he doesn't go back in by himself give him a helping hand.
also, like i sed earlier he has the dented eye, i have been advised to give him a bath, shal i do this before the feed or after the 48 hours after feeding?
sorry for all the questions
danny

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  15:58:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, if you keep the handling to a minimum you can move them to a feeding box, although personally I'd try feeding in the viv, at least until its settled in.

I wouldn't try bathing until after you've tried a feed. If he takes the feed then give him a couple of days, if he doesn't, you can try a bath then.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  16:01:08  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ok, so try feeding in cage at first, if he eats should i leave it till he has fed twice before bath or should i bath after feed (48 hours)

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  16:33:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If he eats, its not bothering him, trust me, any reason not to eat and they'll take it

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  16:55:55  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

If he eats, its not bothering him, trust me, any reason not to eat and they'll take it

haha lol, just like me being ill for school *cough cough*

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  17:48:27  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just wondering, i hope to maybe breed bullet one day and since he is het pied, what morphs can you get that are het pied, i now you can get normal het pied, but is there any other morphs like pastel or anything like that?

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  18:04:13  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You can get all sorts of genes mixed with Pied, I'd try and get a Spider het Pied to make a Spied.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  18:05:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.roussisreptiles.com/collectionpages/balls/spied.html

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  18:19:18  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
omg, that spied is gorgeous, i want on of them.
just wondering, and i always wonder about this, what is head wobble on spiders, i now that it is due to the muscles in there neck but is a really bad problem or just a genetic thing that affects them. the whole thing on head wobble would be much apreciated.
edit: i bet though anything apart from normal het pied is really expensive, i bet spider het pied is really expensive

sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 23/06/2010 18:25:13
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  18:33:01  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Spider head wobble is not to do with muscles in the neck, its a neurological disorder. All Spiders suffer from it, from barely noticeable to corkscrewing upside down. Even if you have two parents that have a barely noticeable wobble, the offspring could all be train wrecks. No one knows whether it affects them pain-wise or quality of life, however, they do have a very good reputation for feeding and breeding.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  18:34:36  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
PS. Just checked, you're still looking at £800-£1000 for a Spider het Pied.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/06/2010 :  18:48:40  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
that is well out of my price range
my budget is about 200 so i think the only het pied i could afford would be normal het pied or maybe pastel het pied

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000