mice to rats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  10:51:34  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
am i best to try and change bullet over to rats asap as he is on small mice at the moment, but have heard that it is best to get them changed over asap so they dont the taste from mice to much, i am alright to wiat until sept donny to get some rats or am i best to do it now??

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  20:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do it as soon as poss. You going to do it one day anyway so no point waiting.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  20:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hold out as long as it takes.
Sabre is steady eating a weiner every 2 weeks now. She is kept shying away from them but hits them every time HARD now. Took a few months to convert her though. She is gaining weight and length at a good steady pace now

0.1.0 Royal Python
0.0.1 Mexican Black King
1.0.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2010 :  21:27:01  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its just i have 100 small mice in freezer, half for bullet and half for monty, to get rats from shop its mega expensive, just thought could i wait till donny to get food, or is that really not advisable

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  10:03:52  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well havin 100 mice and throwing them away is a waste, try gettin him a few white rats ansd mix and match his feeds and see how that goes to get used to the taste, but with a 100 mice i dont no what to do unless you have a use for them.

i say white rats because when i was trying to get mine from mice to rats he never seemed to eat the black rat or brown, was always the white but now he eats any :).

you can order frozen food of the net and hey get delivered the next day, some one will no the site on here mate im not to sure what it is.
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  19:47:00  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have 50 mice, my error, i also have a corn snake thats on small mice, but my thing is it is terribly expensive to buy my rats from a shop, and i plan to get all the mice and rats i need to last me till next donny

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2010 :  21:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]

you can order frozen food of the net and hey get delivered the next day, some one will no the site on here mate im not to sure what it is.

http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/frozen-rodents-318-c.asp

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  12:42:17  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If it helps any Danny, when I decided to move Bruce on to rats I had some mice left, so I just bought a few smaller sized rat weaners along side the regular / larger and fed him 1 small mouse followed shortly by the smaller rat (once the mouse had reached his throat) while he was still in feeding mode. Worked a treat. Then, when all the mice are used up, you can move on to just rats.

And I'd try the online method if your local are a bit expensive. Waiting 2 months probably won't harm, but hey, the sooner the better, and it means when you go to Donny you can buy the rats confident he's gonna eat them

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  13:28:29  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would order online if it was cheap, its just as expensive for me to buy rats online as it is to buy them in shop, as i have to pay like 15 quid postage

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000