New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joel
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  18:48:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently got a royal python who had a bit of a traumatic beginning, he got lost in the car for two days. Since I've had him, he doesn't see to go into his hide in his faunarium, he waits outside looking like he's waiting to strike. When I put my hand in their two days ago, he tried to strike me. Yesterday when I put my hand in to change the water bowl, he struck my finger and bit me. I just went up to check on him and he was head was outside of his hide, as I went to go back down stairs, he struck and the plastic side of the faunarium and smacked his face on it. Is this because he's a baby that he's acting this way, will it pass? Is he just stressed out or vicious?

Thanks,
Joel

1.0.0 Royal Python

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  20:20:16  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi Joel and welcome hun! he is prob just stressed at the min, if you havent already, cover most of the faun with a towel and just leave him for a couple of days before you check on him, he will be fine, dont forget its a new viv and new smells hes gonna be scared, my little one didnt go into her hide for about 4 days, just kept sitting on it or around it, but had her nearly 2 weeks now and she settled fine, dont try to feed him for a week too if you can. They normally need at least a couple of weeks to settle with no handling. :)

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  20:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cover at least 2/3rd`s with a towel as already stated, and leave him alone to settle, Only take him out when you need to do cleaning. Did i read your post on RFUK where you lost him on the way home and was in the cars ventilation system? if so then i`d imagine you have one very stressed little snake, forget about taking him out everyday he needs a good 5-6 weeks to relax. Put him somewhere nice and quite.
Welcome to the forum.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

Joel
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  20:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. The only problem is, I'm going on holiday in about 2 weeks so he will have to be moved around again which may make him even more stressed then when I get back a week later, moved again stressing him again... I don't know what to do. ^^

1.0.0 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Joel
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  20:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you did read my post, forgot to say. ^^

1.0.0 Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  20:52:03  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joel

Thanks. The only problem is, I'm going on holiday in about 2 weeks so he will have to be moved around again which may make him even more stressed then when I get back a week later, moved again stressing him again... I don't know what to do. ^^

to be honest hun, leaving him for a week isnt a prob, offer food before you go and if he doesnt take it its not the end of the world. do you have someone who can just check his water every couple of days instead of moving him? i wouldnt want to move him again as he would just be starting to get settled.

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

AlannaJohan
Yearling

United Kingdom
162 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  15:00:42  Show Profile  Visit AlannaJohan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Joel. I think the advice you've been given above is as good as anything I could offer, particularly the last one from Lettsy1 with regard to the 2 weeks holiday. Given time I'm sure he'll settle down well

Alanna
With Maya, Stan & Lucie (Alaskan Malamutes), Bruce (Royal Python) and Keith (fiance, lol).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000