Cheap hides! (free!!!)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  20:24:08  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hiya guys, just wanna share this with you all. decided that sheba needed a new hide in her bigger viv, so went round a local garden centre and asked if they had any broken crockery i.e plant pots, urns etc. sure enough they did so had a rummage thro and got a fab hide, just sanded the rough bits down n bleached and scubbed it, n it came out fab!

here is her new viv.

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)

Aaronjg
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  20:45:29  Show Profile  Visit Aaronjg's Homepage  Click to see Aaronjg's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sweet the viv looks ace so does your royal but thats a brill idea i myt giv it an go myself no harm in asking lol

~AJG~

0.1.0 Corn Snake - Crystal

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2010 :  21:21:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good work!

Go to Top of Page

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  00:36:54  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
great idea x

Go to Top of Page

KDRGM
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2010 :  22:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sweet looking set up :) great idea Thanx for sharing :):)

Owned By

1.1.0/ Amelanistic Cornsnake (Amber & D.T.)
2.1.0. Normal/Classic /males het for amber (Marley,Ziggy & Kaya)
0.1.0. Snow cornsnake (Blizzard)
0.0.27. Mostly Amel cornsnakes ( all for sale )

1.0.0. BP (Nesta)

1.1.0. Common Boa's (Ky-Mani & Bobbie)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  15:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a brilliant idea - when I got my corns I used terracotta plantpots laid on their sides ... now I know how to recycle any larger broken pots. They look so good as well (hate plastic.)

This wasn't free, but I went into Instore today and found my boy a thing called a 'seagrass hamper'. It's a woven grass box with a lid - some have holes at either side, which is the sort I got for him. Looks good, he can climb inside, or bask on top, and if I need to get him out while he's hiding, I can lift the whole thing straight out. Don't know what will happen if he makes a mess in it but I reckon it should wash. It's a bit big for him at present but at £3 I thought I'd buy it while I saw it!

Go to Top of Page

Lettsy1
Yearling

United Kingdom
147 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  15:52:24  Show Profile  Click to see Lettsy1's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
B.A.T.S thats a fab idea, could you fill it with moss for moist hide too if its tightly woven, what u think?

1.1.0 Royal (Dash,Sheba & Ditto)
1.1.0 Western Hognose (Frank & Grace)
0.0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2010 :  16:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww thanks. I think on its own it'd go mouldy - but you could put a large empty ice cream carton in there with the moss inside it, and the grass hamper would disguise the plastic carton.

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Yearling

United Kingdom
298 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2010 :  23:24:10  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Brill set up n gorgous snake!! well done
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000