Royal Python - General Keeping information
 Mouse sizes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  21:20:26  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hiya,
I.ve had florence for 2 weeks and she fed perfect last week on 2 medium mice but showed no fullness in her belly after so i figured she was ready to go up a size. (she is 1 year old, weight as yet unknown).
Local reptile bloke has told me she could go to 1 large mouse in a couple of weeks time and promptly sold me some, which on inspection look little bigger than the medium critters already in my freezer!

So....

Is it ok to go from 2 medium to 1 large per week? which seems to be a diet based on mass.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  21:24:02  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'd try a Rat Weaner myself, but yes a year old Royal should easily be able to take a large mouse.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  13:46:53  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll put that on the shopping list then, thanks!

Should i give her 2 large mice since she is already on 2 medium ones?

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  16:36:54  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'd really want to know how much the snake weighs before guessing that.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  22:30:27  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If she is a year old then you should really get her on to rats try feading a rat fluff or small weaner

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000