New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  14:37:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking of moving all my snakes out of the glass tank into RUBs. I have 3 almost 2000g adults.

I looked at the RUBs available in the US and the biggest floor space I can find is the 50L size which is only 24"x15" inside dimension. That is much smaller than my 30L tank which has a floor space of 33"x18"!

I saw a picture on here of breeding royals in a RUB and it looks like there's plenty of room in there. Do you guys breed royals in 50L RUBs? Is there a RUB with bigger floor dimensions than a 50L?

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  17:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can get massive Rubs and storage boxes in UK - I'm sure they must be on sale in the States - have you checked out various stores to see what they sell? Over here it's Staples (stationery/office supplies), B&Q (hardware) and Argos (everything - perhaps the US equivalent would be Wal-Mart.)

Do you ever check out the dark side? There is a guy from the States on there called Habu. I'm sure I've read of him using RUBs - I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you PMd him. All the best.

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  18:04:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Habu is AWOL at the moment though :(
They don't necessarily HAVE to be labelled "really usefull boxe" though...just something similar would do the job, there's got to be something in the US?
Would be very odd if the bigger RUBS were not available there though.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  19:16:21  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are bigger RUBs than 50L, but I think they're just taller, same floor space. Some people do keep adults in 50L RUBs, yes.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2010 :  22:40:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen some storage boxes in B&Q - must have been 3 or 4 foot long - didn't check how secure lids were though. There could be a US equivalent, hopefully?

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  06:55:42  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ikea have large ones too.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  08:46:56  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for a suitable rub at the moment and have just found good storage boxes in asda, the lids are not very tight but i figured i could fix that by making up some wire fasteners.
What is a good size of box to go for?

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2010 :  20:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

How big is your Royal?

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  01:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The breeders here in the US use the CB70 size tubs for their adult royal racks. It's about 33.5 inches by 17.5 inches floor space. They breed royals in them too.

I went ahead and ordered the 50L. There are several storage containers here in the US but they're all flimsy with flexible lids that a royal can easily push up. I have 2 kids who I can't trust to keep fasteners closed. It's easy enough for them to snap a RUB closed, so I would trust a RUB more than anything.

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page

filardimarg2
Hatchling

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  19:59:36  Show Profile  Click to see filardimarg2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got a RUB for my adult corn, it is a 50L & is 36" long X about 18" wide, so much bigger than the rub you are talking about, i got it from argos.
Marg.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  10:13:13  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

quote:
Originally posted by sandi

How big is your Royal?

She's about 3 foot now, 1year+ old.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic