Non feeder Bam !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mischang
Yearling

United Kingdom
482 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2010 :  23:15:31  Show Profile  Click to see mischang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow i am currently tryin to get 1 of mine from gerbils to rats and so far so good but i also have a non feeder who when i got wasnt feeding i had him 8 months i have assit fed him from April till resently just 2 pinkies every other week , well i got him to strike on a lrg mouse guts every where but he did it him self (mummy was proud ) get this in the last 4 weeks i always rub a dead rat on to his food and put them under his viv to defrost etc ,week 1 offerd mouse b4 assist feed he strike fed , week 2 the same wow i thought , then i left him a week , week 4 on saturday he strike fed a lrg mouse again , but my other gerbil eater was due to feed so i rubbed the rat in non feeders viv as normal before offering to gerbil eater , bearing in mind its a lrg rat and whack he grabed it killed it lol and ate the lot ! i was worried it was too big as it was easy double his size , but i didnt want to try and take it from him so i was expecting a pile of puke this morning ! but no he is sat in his warm hide all fine and dandy. but i have learned my lesson never sent with prey to big just in case . he didnt struggle too eat it and it was gone in about 20/25 mins max .

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2010 :  06:34:27  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great news, well done

Been through the assist feeding a few times myself, great when they work out how to do it themselves.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000