Royal Python Health
 R.I?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  19:29:10  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey guys i have noticed a few times that my snake has had his head out of his hide onto a branch (photos will follow)
i was wondering what you think i should do and if you think it is anything to worry about?

he dont really seem to different in himself i cant hear any weezing and he does not sit on his branch with his head lower than his body. do you think he is just being nosy?

the 1st 1s just a random 1 so you can see what my snake is like now he is around 2 years old :)

let me all no what you think and feel free to ask any questions and what you guys think i should do

many thnx chris :)

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  19:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks to me like he's waiting for his grub lol. Bless him!

I'm not an expert but it looks like alert python mode. Nice snake!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  23:18:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What makes you think something is wrong and why an RI?

Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  17:38:40  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just the way he is sat with his head on the log, i just remember reading on the RI thread that they rest there head to get rid of mucus so i was just wondering what you guys thought, hes quite active now cause of mating season so hes prob just being nosey :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  17:43:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - he hasn't got a code id his dose - he's got an itch in his ... (Shurrup Bats, the mods will be after you!)

No, seriously, don't mean to be flippant, I'm not an expert but I think he does look very well, and cool setup as well. Are you thinking of breeding with him?

Go to Top of Page

heaton177
Yearling

204 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  17:47:29  Show Profile  Click to see heaton177's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would like to breed, i would love to breed an albino, i think they are amazing looking snakes. just have to get one 1st :P
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  18:33:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
code id his dose?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2010 :  19:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, honestly BE, you must've heard that joke?

Try hoding your dose so you can't breathe through it, as if it's all bugged up like when you've god a bad code and saying: I god a code id by dose ...

Atishoo!

(But not we hope in any snakeys' noses ...)

Edited by - n/a on 24/11/2010 19:05:43
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2010 :  08:57:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Have a good listen. If he's wheezing you would definitely hear it. Look for any bubbles as well from nose or mouth. If confident enough just open his mouth and see if it's clear. If not just try to catch him yawning lol. Sounds like that's just his new pose though.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave