Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  20:32:02  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought I'd make a whole new thread and post pictures of all the snakes here instead of maintaining 3 + threads for each snake, this way people can compare the sizes if they're thinking of getting a snake as I have younglings at the moment and will one day have big fat adults :)

So first up is my first snake, Valhalla. She's a moody little girl of unknown age (We estimated it about 10 months - 11 months though going by BlackEchoes weight graph (although as his graph shows us weight can vary incredible amounts from snake to snake)

Her first rat and she took it straight away!

Had a bit of a wrestle with it!

And struggled with those damn front legs!

Got it down eventually, even if she had to tie herself in a knot

Here she is after, a nice full tummy!

Here is Valhalla once I put her back into her viv, roaming around for a nice place to digest that big meal

This brings us onto my second addition, Diablo- He was born 15th September 2010 so he's very young, he's eating like a trooper now after having assist feeding for his first few feeds.

I think having a picture of Micky Mouse on his floor for that week probably helped his appetite

This is my uncle playing with him earlier, he's like a big kid :D

And my newest addition, Cleopatra- she was born in March so she's a bit older than Diablo but is very small for her age. Only one picture of her so far since she likes her privacy, she fed with me today for the first time and hit the mouse harder than either of the other two, Might rename her lightning since she's by far the fastest striker.

Also: please ignore the messy rub she just decided today to leave shedding and poo everywhere it has been cleaned out :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Edited by - Kelfezond on 19/12/2010 20:41:35

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  21:32:36  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice!!

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2010 :  21:52:35  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
they all look gorgeous, and they are stunning. all look like they enjoyed there meals lol

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  12:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, I'll try to get some pictures of them being handled later to show their size more accurately, Valhalla has grown silly amounts in the last month.

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  12:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics and i love your viv. Are diablo and cleopartra in mid shed?

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  12:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Diablo has been shedding for a few weeks now, gave him a bath but he's still got 2 strips on his sides that won't shift.

Cleo did 85% of her shed that morning, just a little left to get rid of she started shedding a few days ago

Edit: Also the viv is nice but she's never left her hide, she's so lazy :P

Edited by - Kelfezond on 20/12/2010 12:19:15
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  12:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice photos but mickey mouse substrate and it is always great seeing snakes doing well after assisting, nice one

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  14:45:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang on - Valhalla was on mice before??

You mean you offered her a rat, just like that, and she took it straight away?? You jammy devil, can I send you Shahi for tuition?

Lovely to see young Diablo tucking in to his grub - heartwarming when they get started isn't it? And so good that Cleopatra's a greedy girl - she'll soon start growing.

As for the shedding, this is a private theory of mine and I've never read or heard of anyone saying the same, but when my corns were hatchlings, they were scruffy shedders. Now, they have no problems, despite no change to their temps or conditions. When Shahi was little, he was a shocking shedder and I still leave a damp hide in with him, but his last shed was fine. Saada, the 09, I bought as a good shedder but I understand she too may have had problems in her youth. Anyway, she shed last week and that was perfect.

Anyone else had experience with hatchlings having messy sheds?

Great pics by the way.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  15:16:43  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bats :) And yeah Valhalla took it fine, I thought she might have trouble so I defrosted it in the same water as two mice (for cleo and diab) that might have persuaded her it was yummy foods? who knows.

My dad also bet me that she's never in a million years be able to eat a rat that big :P He lost that bet

Edited by - Kelfezond on 20/12/2010 15:17:43
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  23:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Thanks Bats :) And yeah Valhalla took it fine, I thought she might have trouble so I defrosted it in the same water as two mice (for cleo and diab) that might have persuaded her it was yummy foods? who knows.

My dad also bet me that she's never in a million years be able to eat a rat that big :P He lost that bet

Clever water trick, never thought of that. Have u tried putting them in a steam tub for 10mins then letting them crawl through rough warm damp towel. sorry if you have tried all this already.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2010 :  23:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've not tried that no, It'll be next on my list :)

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Yearling

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  02:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such lovely snakies!
Valhalla wrestling with that rat is so cute
How long and heavy is she?
I think Harrison might need rats soon

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  10:32:06  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great pics and good looking snakes :)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  12:55:01  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I honestly don't know her length, when I try to manipulate her movement to get her into a line she bites me xD

However she does weigh about 437g :)

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Yearling

110 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  13:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aww so cute, never had a baby royal :(
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  13:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Already looking into my next, it'll be my first adult but can't buy it until January when my viv stack gets here, hope they'll hold it for me.

Go to Top of Page

CoN
Yearling

United Kingdom
400 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  13:26:55  Show Profile  Visit CoN's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

I honestly don't know her length, when I try to manipulate her movement to get her into a line she bites me xD

However she does weigh about 437g :)

Now thats a nice weight!

9.11.0 Python Regius (Ball/Royal Pythons)
1.1.0 Heterodon nasicus (Western Hognose)
Feel free to join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/LAMB-Pythons/160412530658527
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  14:58:44  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Never been able to tell if the weight is good for her or not since all I know is she's a cb10 no idea on the month :P

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2010 :  16:19:56  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
bullet is a cb10, and i think he was born about april/may time, and he weighs about 300 grams, so ur doing something right lol to be 437grams lol

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  15:15:15  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Little bit of news.

In half an hour I'll be putting down a deposit on my first morph, a WC00 Axanthic royal python. Will hopefully have him in mid january and will get some lovely photos ready :D

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2010 :  15:23:58  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wahay, u finally got a morph, i like acanthics, the only prob with them is the brown out loads, bet he is a big boy

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000