Not eating, not weeing!! should i be worried
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  10:45:30  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I spoke to you before about not eating, you all reassured me that this is normal for the breeding season. I am still trying to feed her but with no success - 5/6 weeks now :(

However, I am now worried, as I have noticed that the last time she weed was over 2 weeks ago, is this normal for the breeding season also?

She hasnt been to poo for about a month, but I assume this is related to the fact that she isnt eating.

Your advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Gina

GEPowditch

Dr Chop
Snake Mite

46 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  11:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don’t worry about the non feeding ime up to 20 weeks with one of mine on hunger strike and no poo in that time, but had the odd wee now and again about 6 weeks apart. He is still bright and active and seams in good health so I will just have to wait till he decides that his bum doesn’t look big in this and will eat again darn snake anorexia
Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  11:16:09  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol

Heffa is bright and active also, still living her mum lots of attention :)

Just dont like it when she aint eating/weeing and pooin lol

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  12:03:20  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lmao chop
Don't worry about the eating they can go for ages without eating
As to the weeing, I have never had a royal go longer than 5 weeks without food as mine are all babies, but when my female went for 5 weeks without food, she hardly weed either, wich is strange as that is due to drinking, but it seemed normal, and if she is still active and being her usual self then nothing to worry about

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  12:11:03  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks reptile danny. As long as I am not the only one this has happened to lol and that she will return to normal.

Heffa is 18 months now, so I guess her hormones are raging ;) lol

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  12:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
snakes get the majority of their water from the prey they eat and a small amount from drinking. So as she's not eating at the moment she won't be urinating much.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  12:41:49  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i just dont want her to get a blockage or anything.

Hopefully she will eat this weekend, well im hoping :)

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  14:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry she can't get a blockage if she's on a hunger strike. Did she defecate after her last meal? Warm (same temp as hot side of viv) bath often releases anything if you think there's something there.
They just eat again when there ready.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  15:39:20  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a CB09 normal who last fed on 15th August 2010, and last shed in July 2010, she shed again last night which is nearly 6 months prior to which she had been shedding every 3-4 months and eating regularly. She is fit and healthy and has lost very little weight in that time, I am hoping that now she has shed again she may start to eat again too but so long as she is active and well and not losing excess weight I will wait until she is ready in her own time. There has been no changes in the past year to her environment so I will just be patient :)

Go to Top of Page

Heffa
Yearling

United Kingdom
144 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  18:05:15  Show Profile  Click to see Heffa's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cool. thanks for your advice.

I weighed her the other night and she is still the same weight as prior to her last meal. Her last meal she was 1300g and she is still that now.

She did defeceate after her last meal, only a small one tho.

She is lively and happy as always. So I will just be patient.

Is it common as they get older that they dont shed as often, cos i have noticed that when she was a baby, she shed once a month, now she sheds at every 2-3 months, i have a damp hide in her box all the time :)

GEPowditch
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2011 :  18:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes - as they get older, shedding is more infrequent.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000