New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  20:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you know got my first royal this weekend only ever had corns before him as far as snakes go, so thought I'd seen everything how wrong was I lol came home this morning to find he'd left me a present and what a present it w9it looked like something my bearded dragon would do lol god help me when he's fully grown,but on a serious note there seemed to be what I can only guess was urine is it normal for them to wee a lot or might it be a sign of ill health? Oh and any help with his name would be greatfully received cheers

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  21:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, yeah, they are a bit different from corns - they save it all up and then ...omg. Royal wee can be Niagara or things like mint imperials (urate balls) or just in between ... Sounds like he's fine - in good working order in fact.

As for names, they're so personal. Do you want something, lyrical, or wacky, or cute? I love choosing names, but I once came up with a string of romantic names for someone, and she turned round and said, oh thanks, but I fancied calling it 'Fluffy.'

No offence meant to anyone with a snake called Fluffy, by the way ...

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  22:01:54  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fluffy, christ :P

I was aiming to keep all mine related to gods and myths, but when Scar came along covered in his battle-scars it was down to Tyr or Scar and I had no idea how to pronounce Tyr :P

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  22:08:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks I'm not sure I like wacky and mythical he looks so regal but being a "royal" python I guess they all do lol I quite like surberuss i think thats how you spell it you know the two headed dog I know he hasn't got two heads but he does this swaying thing and if i filmed it in high speed it would sure look like it lol, will have to learn how to post pic's so I can share his good looks

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"

Edited by - reptilemadd on 14/02/2011 22:10:43
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2011 :  22:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, Miss Cat coined the phrase 'puppydog eyes' for royals, and it just describes them.

Please don't think I'm being 'clever' or a knowall, (it's just my old-fashioned education - we got given a book of Greek myths in the lower fourth and had to answer questions on the thing, it's the only reason I know the name) but it's 'Cerberus' and I think it's a superb name for a royal!

Yeah (amendment) can you imagine him 'guarding' the entrance to his hide - it's a really apt name.

Edited by - n/a on 14/02/2011 22:23:40
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  08:36:09  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My mate has a corn snake called fluffy!
Cerberus is a cool name!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  10:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks BATS its funny I woke up this morning thinking it was spelt with a C but "Cerberus" it is thanks for the replys

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  11:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew someone once with a tarantula called Fluffy X ) She was quite hairy, as they are, and she was very tame and chilled out, so maybe it was perfect name!

I like Cerberus too : )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000