New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  13:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When i first had his he was a little difficult to feed but over time and with help with multi-mal-mates he has become such a good feeder. I've introduced mice back into his diet and he doesn't seem to be bothered with the change so at present i've been feed one type one week and the other the next.
He even seems not be worried about feeding just when his skin seems to darken just prior to showing his very obvious shedding period.
I'm trying a rat on him next week wondering how far i can push my luck. After his shed i'll see what happens.
Only fussiness he seems to have so far is on -

Where he eats - he likes it only in his own Vivarum and then wonders off for a good sleep after.
Time - from tea time to the very early hours. morning to afternoons is no happening.
Shed - when eyes start to glaze over and to when he strips off.
That he hasn't been handled prior just a few hours before (think i helps him get in the mood)
Needs - a good wift of the pray which has to flakily twitch slightly. If not smelly enough squishing the brain area works.

I'm so proud of him or her ( they will be probed soon when i actually remember when it's not pre or after sheding ) and has never bit , best he does is huff at me if i'm being a little to much. But he's my baby and loves a good warm cuddle.

There weight has increase gently and there length has lengthen.

Place i got him from i don't trust there information but they owed me. He was not a good feeder for instance which means his size isn't reliable to guess his age. But his head is smaller to a fully grown python which leads me to believe he isn't yet fully grown ball python.

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  16:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just measured him -
961g 12/02/2011
108cm

last november he was-
102.5 cm 24th/11/2010
849g

making a 112gram difference and a 6cm growth lengthways.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  21:30:42  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi lancelot,
I just measured Flo tonight and she is 37 inches about 95cm, I was told she was a year old when i got her last August so born late 09. Yours is a bit bigger than flo so maybe a bit older? possibly early 09?

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  00:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he was a little skinny when i got him but i'm sure that was the reptile shop because his skin was a "little" loose on him and his spine was a little more prominent (wasn't that much to worry about) . I've just gone for the average age because i do not know his past. I'm glad he's not fully grown or i'd have age confusion of 3/4 to 10/20 or evan 30 years.

Go to Top of Page

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2011 :  21:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rat whiffed under his nose, blam gone. To be honest i don't think he took notice what he ate. gulp

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000