Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  14:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - not supposed to say this really but I'm always amazed by the amount of expression they have in their eyes and on their faces.

(To those stern purists who think this sort of thing is icky, I'd advise you to stop reading now ...)

Surahi, resting her chin on her hefty coils, looks bright and confident. ('What do you want, missis?')

Saada hides her head at first and then gives me a demure glance, tongue flicking, before taking off like a rocket round the bed.

Shahi, monarch of all he surveys, boss royal, pretending he's still a poor bewildered little hatchling just arrived from Ghana, always gives me his 'little boy lost' look (he's a man all right lol!)

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  16:00:21  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Years ago, i was told that the tail tapered from the vent in a femail and was straight for an inch or so then tapering in a male. Due to the sex organ inside! My first ever snakes were garter snakes and this was clearly the case with them and proved to be true as i bred from them.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Lancelot
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  10:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told visually males have more of a spoon head shape look to them , longer thinner looking neck then the thicker part. Females look more "neat", thicker throughout, less neck then males and weight wise become much more heavier and longer in adulthood. If lancelot was male the size would be fine but as female has much more growing to do especially if i want to breed her she'd need to at least double her weight.
When i got lancelot sexed he probed her than said visually looked female but it's far from a best method looking visually only.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000