Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

doogy16
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  22:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, another question now then. i'm in love with burmese albinos and i know how big those get and that i will never have enough space for one but can you get an albino royal? cuz i like normal ones too but i also like albinos and i dont know which to choose. i'd have both if i could :D
Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  22:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah you can get them but they are not cheap £350-£400 if your lucky

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover
0.1 lesser royal, serenity
0.1 black pastel royal, betty
0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
1.0 childrens python, myles
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
0.0.1 mack snow leopard gecko, munchkin
4.1 cats, stan, dave, marble, binx, daisy
4.1 rabbits, mol, ted, bill, spud, alice
0.1 crazy cat/bunny lady of bridgwater, lucy
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  22:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - how did I miss this thread?

(Was watching creepy movie - 10 Rillington Place - on youtube, that's why.)

LOVE the fable of little Timmy! LMAO!

Aw, do hope you get your snake - I waited nearly 55 years due to parents and then husband...

Yeah, he thought corn hatchlings would scoff me - I'm only 7 and a half stone but that's ridiculous!

We all (me, snakes and cats) live together in harmony. A separate small freezer (£100 from Argos but you could look in charity shops, they sometimes have them) could be a good idea - you could keep your personal supply of Haagen-Dazs or whatever in there too. Defrost ratty in your bedroom and warm it up in hot water from the bathroom?

Good luck!

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  11:25:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just buy a Royal, hide it under your bed and put the rats in a pizza box, your mum will never know

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  11:54:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

Just buy a Royal, hide it under your bed and put the rats in a pizza box, your mum will never know

LOL - until your mum or dad get the midnight munchies and borrow a handful of pizza ...'That peperoni was a bit chewy, love!'

Go to Top of Page

nok1888
Yearling

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  14:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As for the mice in the freezer buy a box with an air tight lid the ones you clip down. Thats what i did and the wife is fine with it and after a few weeks your mum wont even notice they are their and if you buy say 10 mice/rats at a time it wont take up much room

0.1.0 Royal Normal - Orlina Bodhi Lobsang
1.0.0 Royal Normal - Sedrick Rinzen Sonam
2.0.0 Cats 18 y/o - Monty, kitten - Dodger
2.0.0 Border Collie's 7 y/o - Jinky, 2 y/o - Chance
0.0.5 Goldfish - Haggis, Pookie, Oddball, Spongebob and Slimey (kids eh lol)
Strange creature, unknown species, wife likes to call it "teenage daughter"

Edited by - nok1888 on 09/03/2011 15:02:24
Go to Top of Page

nok1888
Yearling

United Kingdom
314 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  14:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BATS when we told my father in law we got one he was convinced it would eat the dogs lol Im sure he thought it was a full size Burmese we got lol

0.1.0 Royal Normal - Orlina Bodhi Lobsang
1.0.0 Royal Normal - Sedrick Rinzen Sonam
2.0.0 Cats 18 y/o - Monty, kitten - Dodger
2.0.0 Border Collie's 7 y/o - Jinky, 2 y/o - Chance
0.0.5 Goldfish - Haggis, Pookie, Oddball, Spongebob and Slimey (kids eh lol)
Strange creature, unknown species, wife likes to call it "teenage daughter"

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  15:10:03  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you live close to your reptile store you could always just take a trip there once a week to buy food, no need for a freezer then

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  18:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nok1888

BATS when we told my father in law we got one he was convinced it would eat the dogs lol Im sure he thought it was a full size Burmese we got lol

LOL - when I told someone else that I'd got corn hatchlings I got the tale of the snake playing dead in order to size me up ...

What is it with snakes eh? If someone doesn't know what they're doing with many animals, horses and dogs, cattle and pigs and even sheep, for instance, they can come to grief (through their own fault I might add) whereas poor old snakey's much more likely to flee for its life ... a case of 'it's far more scared of the human than the human is of the snake' ...

Why have snakes got such a bad rep? (Pun intended)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  18:10:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

If you live close to your reptile store you could always just take a trip there once a week to buy food, no need for a freezer then

Very true. I tend to think in terms of bulk with having 8 snakes, and it's true it works out much cheaper.

But it's put me off scampi big time ... breaded pinkies ...eww!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  19:00:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scampi isn't for human consumption anyway. <barf>.

I only have a months supply in at any time, 4-5 mice for the corn and same in rats for the royal. Keeps it fresh and still svaes me a bit of room in the freezer for my food.

The amount of people at work who find out I have snakes (its not hard to find out, I talk about them all day to anyone staying still enough to listen) they all say careful it doesn't eat you in your sleep, and what would you do if it wrapped round your neck, I have to explain that I'm not a rodent and as far as a snake is concerned I truely stink all that soap and deodourant and after shave, not appetising like a rat smells and if they were to wrap round my neck I'd just unravel them or probably just let them carry on with their wander as constriction is not the same as strangulation. I don't even attempt to explain I have a royal not a retic as its over their heads. lol.

They have such a bad rep, totally unjustified.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  19:34:35  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I admit it does get bloody annoying having to do that polite laugh whenever they say something like that :p i just stop telling people i have snakes as it gets annoying explaining stuff like that

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2011 :  19:41:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best one I heard recently is 'wow I bet you stop the car and pick up all the road kill for the snake'. I just had to chuckle and say 'good idea'.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000