New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  22:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a story of taking my eye off the ball for a second.

I lifted Duke out of his vivarium and placed him on top, he is looking very pink bellied but he was busy looking out backwards so I leaned into the vivarium to move the ambient sensor as it was buried in substrate, on my way up I look straight at Duke instead of seeing a fat body I'm looking straight into his mouth! He struck striaght at my face, mouth open, he missed me by millimeters and I now need a change of underwear.

One the plus side, he's definitely coming out of his shell, and I knew there was a good reason I was keeping him away from my face during armchair walkies. Now to just get him to do that at his rats and not my face and I'll be happy.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  23:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOooh! Bet that made you jump!

Wonder why he did that? Been struck at once by a corn hatchling going into shed. And once Saada, sweet, ladylike little Saada, struck at the viv window before I'd even opened it, because she saw her rat approaching.

I'd hazard a guess at pre-shed grumpiness. Bless him, and hope you've recovered from the shock.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  23:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erm, just an afterthought. Remembering a couple of royals who went mad over the smell of chicken nuggets (remember Nok's post a short while back?)

What did you have for tea? Could it have been that Duke smelled something tasty on you?

I'm assuming you weren't wearing eau de rodent aftershave lol.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  23:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit mental but that was awesome, it did make me jump but it was so fast there was no time to react or pull away, he just didn't hit me so I'm hazarding a guess at pre shed grumpyness too and also as I looked up and he looked down we came face to face and if I was in his situation looking at my mug I'd have struck out too. I'll see how he is tomorrow, hasn't put me off, he'll have to try harder next time.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  08:38:53  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Figure if he meant to get you he would have done! Consider yourself warned!!!!

Should we call you rat breath now then Bob?....sorry, that was low! tee hee!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  16:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you been ratting on anyone lately lotabob

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  18:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

Figure if he meant to get you he would have done! Consider yourself warned!!!!!

He could have easily got me, it was a warning. He is looking SUPER grumpy today and I don't have a suit of armour so think I'll leave him alone.

Don't know about rat breath, but to be sure i'll brush my teeth while washing my hands LOL.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  21:45:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I decided he needed to know who is the boss so I decided he needed a quick handle and he was nice as pie, I kept my face out of his way and he was happy to explore my hoody pocket, weaving in and out for ages so it was a my face in his face situation and nothing more. Who can blame him, lol.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2011 :  08:38:31  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder if it was seeing your eyes that caused him to strike? In the wild the face of an animal getting that close would mean ensuing teeth and therefore danger! May just have been a defence mechanism?

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000