Titan is being a cow!!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wiltedrose
Hatchling

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  10:58:26  Show Profile  Visit wiltedrose's Homepage  Click to see wiltedrose's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I offer her her food, she is clearly interested because her tongue is going mad and she is following it around and getting close to it and tasting.... But she just wont frigin eat he damn rat! and Its getting annoying not just because of having to keep going and buying more rats, just because she is clearly hungry but wont eat, STUPID COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0.1.0 royal python -Titan
1.0.1 anery motley corns - Trigger and Spike.

http://www.reptilegeeks.com/wiltedrose/

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  12:12:50  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Try just leaving it in her tank. How do u heat the rat up before you offer it

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

wiltedrose
Hatchling

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  13:53:06  Show Profile  Visit wiltedrose's Homepage  Click to see wiltedrose's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The same way i have done for the past 2 years, i defrost it in hot water waiting till it cools down to body temp then i get all the excess water off and while offering it to her i give it a little jiggle...

I have left it in there since 12 :( She is just being a cow...

I have considered rubbing it again one of my pet rats lol to see if that works.

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  14:16:09  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahh ok, she may just be having a fast now, I would go to feeding every 2 weeks if she is fasting to save a bit of food and she may be more hungry

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  14:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, as Danny says, she may be going into fasting mode - and that girl ain't going to starve to death overnight - the size she is!

If you want to go on trying feeding tactics and you have pet rats, a tip that apparently works very well is to put the rodent's cage as close to the viv as possible, so that the snake can see and smell the live rodent, leave things like that till the next feeding day - 10 days or a fortnight in her case? - and hope her mouth is watering ... I really don't think this will stress the rat out, but it may make the snake very hungry lol.

Go to Top of Page

wiltedrose
Hatchling

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  15:29:59  Show Profile  Visit wiltedrose's Homepage  Click to see wiltedrose's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
:P it has been 2 weeks :P I know i dont need to worry about her not eating just yet, The thing that puzzles me is she is verrrrryyyyyyy interested but wont take it :S I have never witnesed this with her before :S

Maybe she is fasting, I will try again in 2 weeks and see how that goes.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000