New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  17:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After Dio's successful feed on saturday night and leaving him to digest i was quite shocked when i got home from work (at 3pm as well) to find him not only out of his favourite log but happily moving around his viv having a bit of an explore.

After waiting very impatiently for the OH to get home from work 4 hours later so we can both have a cuddle with Dio. We had him out for an hour and he seemed really happy and was exploring everywhere he could get to. He even sat quiet happily on my lap for 20 min warming himself up and being tranfixed by the heat of the TV.

We have discovered that he seems to love having his chin rubbed and likes to hid and curl around the OH's feet when he's on the floor (Both of which i had to take photos of)

He even came back up to the galss wanting to come straight back out again.

Is this normal for a royal that never really have a settling in period? We've been handling him from day one but then the guy in the shop did say he's used to being handled. He doesn't even ball up anymore when we get him out the viv. We've only had him 2 and 1/2 weeks.

We're going to try to feed him again on thursday as he's only 200g. Lets hope he's as settled as he seems.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  19:37:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chin tickle

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  19:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA thats brill, my dog loves that but Duke is so head shy he'd have your hand for such a violation of the 'away from the head' rule.

Are you sure its a Royal and not just a corn snake in a fat suit lol I didn't know they did active.

Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  20:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep definately a royal. We had to bring our hands up from behind his head so he doesn't see it other wise he does the typical roayl thing of hiding his head. As long as he doesn't see your finger he's fine and once you're rubbing his chin he loves it, he even sticks his neck out so you have better access.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  20:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - corn in a fat suit!

Well, my Surahi likes her chin being tickled.

But the usual advice is .... three consecutive feeds before handling ... umm, sorry to sound like a wet blanket ... umm (creeps away, making squelching noises like a wet blanket ...)

Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  20:09:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did ask the guy in the shop if we needed to leave him to settle in but he said he should be ok as they handled him alot before as he was used to show people what royals are like and he's been a good feeder with them. I guess we'll find out on thursday when he's fed again.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  20:14:53  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Away with you blanket woman! We're having fun :D

Some royals seem real good with handling early on but some really do need the rule it's probably far more likely for a royal to be in the needing it side of things I guess :P Cute picture :D

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Edited by - Kelfezond on 06/04/2011 20:15:26
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2011 :  20:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Away with you indeed, cheeky little hatchling you!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000