New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  01:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duke completed my perfect score on the snake feeding game!

His last meal was 20th March and tonight he took a larger weaner rat. I missed it, I set it all up, turned off the lights made it perfect feeding conditions for picky Duke, unfortunately Duke's ideal feeding conditions are my ideal snoozing conditions and I fell asleep.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  02:45:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, pity, but congrats Duke on the rat - large weaner already - how big is that lad going to grow??

They say they really put on a spurt when they get started on rats - Shahi ate his third rat last Monday and came out for a walk round his viv half an hour ago - or should I say a waddle? Remembering the hatchling who curled up in my palm in the shop, I sort of did a double take. ('Where the hell did you come from?')

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  11:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, Duke has been 100% rat fed, he was on small weaner rats when I got him but he powered through them no effort so I moved up, and he was taking them without issues too for a few months, then the shed happened and he didn't feed for a month, but he's back again. I don't know how big he is going to be, I'm amazed with his progress and he is healthy so thats my main focus. My corn is on a massive growth sprut at the moment so I know what you mean, everytime I look at him he is visibly bigger. I think a neighbour is pulling some Esio Trot trick on me.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  11:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, you know I wondered - got mouse/rat switching mixed up with his bit of fasting - well it was 2am...

Well, say no more - that's why he's such a strapping lad!

Why on earth are so many royals started on mice? It's just so obvious that they do better on rats ...

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  13:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea why some start on mice, seems odd to me as you will have to switch them over eventually so may as well just start as you mean to go on. My Boa is mouse fed at the moment and might need switched over though to be honest I need to do some more research on that first, I have a 4 week supply of food so have plenty of time to decide and do the maths on it.

Go to Top of Page

Strawb
Yearling

Germany
120 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2011 :  06:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tia's just taken her first rat and this will hopefully continue. I'm interested to see what kind of growth spurt she'll put on post rat, as her history might dictate that she'll never be a big snake.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000