Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  11:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's arrived!

She's gorgeous - and a lovely big lass for her age!

During her journey she's amused herself by shedding, and at present she's sitting in her travelling box in her viv. While removing all the tape from the box I was treated to the full 'rattlesnake display' - well, who could blame her? A mystery tour in the dark and then suddenly full daylight and a strange pair of hands taking liberties with her box! So no quick handle or pics before installing her.

Full marks to Blue Lizard for a really beautiful snake and excellent courier service - AND the courier had actually kept a gopher snake himself. Feisty, he said.

Welcome home, Ziska!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2011 :  12:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yey, welcome home Ziska.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2011 :  22:50:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pics in 'other reptile photos'

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  18:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is the wannabe rattler settling in?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/04/2011 :  18:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, well, thereby hangs a tale ...

Since I realised she was getting up early in the morning and getting into a tizzy, striking at Mouse the cat through the viv window (perhaps because Mouse had noticed her and come across to investigate; perhaps because all my snakes seem to have been fascinated with the cats on arrival, and totally unafraid) I've been propping polystyrene sheets against her viv window at bedtime, so that she can wake and explore without distraction. Which she has; there are deep piles of aspen at either end of the viv; both are riddled with Ziska-sized burrows.

Since then she's been invisible, but I reckon this is all to the good; a nice gentle settling-in time.

However, there is one comic problem. When I rang to place the order, I was told she was female. The other day, tidying up and putting away her travelling box, I noticed it was marked with: 'Gopher snake' and the MALE symbol of 0 and upward-facing arrow ...

A case of someone getting the symbols mixed up?

A case of a snake changing sex in transit?

I've emailed the shop and asked them to confirm 'her'?? gender - but how embarrassing for 'her' if she turns out to be a 'him'!

Plus I'll have to change 'her' name ...

Ohh dear ...

Amendment - this isn't meant to be any sort of 'accusation' towards the shop.

No snake's sex can be conclusively proved, even by probing, and in any case, I would have bought this snake since she/he is to be a pet only - and I've made this clear to the shop.

Just pointing this out since I've remembered another member recently had a run-in with a buyer who accused them of marketing a snake of the 'wrong' sex.

As I said above, this is a 'comic' matter and I'd just like to know which sex 'Ziska' is, out of interest only.

Edited by - n/a on 25/04/2011 21:38:16
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2011 :  10:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mystery cleared up - it's official - she's a girl! Many thanks to the shop for sorting that out.

And another little girl will be arriving from the same shop tomorrow - a caramel motley corn hatchling. And after that, no more snakes as I'll have run out of room ...

Fun though, isn't it ...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000