One more attempt..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  18:54:27  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Next week i'm going to try to feed Kaa one more time, its been nearly 7 months now since he last ate and hes still fairly young so im starting to worry again. He seems to be extremely interested in the mouse when I offer it, but he sits glaring at it in the 'S' position for what seems like eternity before he turns around and decides he doesnt want it anymore.

So if its another fail feed next week im going to take him to the Japanese Koi Company in Henlow to see if they can get him feeding again. Also while im there, i'm going to buy some more plants and things for the viv to pack it out a bit more as the left side of the viv is fairly emptyish..

The stress from Kaa doesnt help when I have four A level exams starting next week

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. - Steve Irwin

Normal Royal Python - Kaa
Normal Royal Python - Donkey
Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fingers and toes are crossed for you and Kaa.

COME ON KAA EAT!!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
7 months!! OMG, I'm pretty used to them by now but 7 months - I think I'd be doing my nut though there are probably ones in the non-feeding club who've waited longer ...

All the very very best of luck, for Kaa, and your A levels too ... yes, fingers and toes crossed, cats have got their paws crossed, so come on Kaa!

Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  19:26:58  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, BATS yeah I know, in the non-feeding club I think the longest I saw was around 8 months or something? So I was thinking this is getting redicuous now lol... Taking him to the shop to get them to get him feeding again was the last thing I wanted to do, in a way I will feel like a failure if I have to take him, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do i suppose lol...

And thank you My fingers and toes are crossed too haha

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. - Steve Irwin

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  08:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No need to feel like a failure, we can only do what we can do not being able to communicate doesn't help but as long as you've kept him in a home that is just right and made every attempt to feed for the past seven months I would say that was anything but a failure, take pride in knowing that and that you are doing the right thing.

Good look with your A levels Kaa will take care of himself

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  10:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Reptilemadd says - absolutely no need to feel a failure! It's what royals do - Kaa's just doing it a bit longer than usual.

Fingers toes and paws still crossed and good luck.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  22:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What happened?

Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  21:23:56  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nothing yet, i'm going to try feeding him on tuesday I will keep you all updated.

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  21:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Kaa, naughty snake.

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  19:38:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there when my royal abbey did'nt eat for a long time i started her back on rat pups and then fuzzy,s and now she back to normal size.I heated the head up to the shoulder in hot water and left it in overnight on some line'o hope this helps all the best D.
Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  22:52:46  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Update: Tried feeding Kaa tonight with no success yet again but I have left the mouse in the viv over night. Looks like there's going to be a trip to the pet shop at the weekend

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  23:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed he eats it overnight - good luck.

Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  15:29:21  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Update: he didn't eat over night either :( let's hope the reptile shop can help me out a bit.

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  15:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, sorry to hear. Hope the rep shop gets him going again - good luck.

Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  11:16:14  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Update: Just got a call from the shop, Kaa strike fed on tuesday they're going to keep him in for another week just to make sure he eats again, then i can take him back home i'm one happy bunny lol
Just makes me wonder what i was doing wrong though? :S

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  11:50:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They'll tell you exactly how they did it. Find out how they kept him for that time too though, you may have it cracked though I bet they just assist fed him if they didn't I'm very impressed they turned him round so fast.

Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  12:21:26  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah im going to ask them how they did it when im able to pick him up. Well they said they only fed him on tuesday and they didnt try before that, and he struk himself, so im guessing he ate on his own. But yes, i agree, im very impressed aswell.

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  12:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he has done it on his own then that is REALLY good news for Kaa, not so much for you as it probably means an overhaul of your setup but you'll have a better idea when they let you know what they did.

Go to Top of Page

SurroundedByMadness
Yearling

United Kingdom
111 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  12:30:25  Show Profile  Click to see SurroundedByMadness's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I know, thats whats confused me. The vivs they have in the shop are basically a cube shape, with substrate, one hide in the middle and a heat bulb.. its not packed out at all and they managed to get him feeding. I'll take some pictures of my viv later on and show you what mine is like, so opinions will be greatly appreciated :)

Bearded Dragon - Aggro
Bearded Dragon - Eragon
Mexican Golden Red Rump
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  19:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe the car journey to the shop helped?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000