New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  18:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI all i know it wil need a vet check but i get little Kira out like i have for the last 5 weeks but now she shakes like she is fitting and when she curls around my wrist,arm,finger she nuzzles me like a puppy would get milk from mum? when i put her back in viv rum she shakes realy bad it is upsetting to witness but then she fine she is eating weee poo shedding.she does not strike or hiss i am at a loss and looking for a vet close by any ideas sorry K is a baby boa.When i mentioned it to the guys in the shop were i got her from said i had the tempd wrong and i neened to take it to the vets after 5 weeks and 5 snakes from them i thought this was a bit poor on there part.all the best Dave.

moved to health

Edited by - GMac on 22/05/2011 20:07:20

stumpy
Yearling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  19:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to here she is poorly, I cant help but would imagine plenty will be on here later to give some good advice for you. Not very helpful at the shop though
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  20:24:51  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a total cop out from the shop. She needs to be seen by a good herp vet, hope you can get this sorted, good luck.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2011 :  22:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh crap sorry to hear your Boa is sick. A trip to vets is a must if its showing those symptoms, I almost don't want to say it but it sounds like possible symptoms of IBD (Inclusion Body Disease), its pretty nasty but slow developing in Boas and sadly it is eventually fatal. The bit that super worries me is that it is very quickly fatal for a royal. Maintain a very strict quarantine until a vet has seen the snake just in case it is IBD.

Check youtube for Boa IBD symptoms, there are videos of their symptoms on there, might give you an idea of if what you are seeing resembles whats in the videos.

I really hope its not, their are other infections they can get that have symptoms that resemble IBD, I'll cross my fingers its not.

Edited by - Lotabob on 22/05/2011 22:25:27
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000