Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  22:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on the new Royal. You've probably got a month of worry and stress coming up while you get to grips with things but seriously once you get the hang of it and are confident of your ability it just becomes second nature. Feeding technique is something you'll perfect over time, it took me three weeks to work out how to get my Royal (the mighty Duke) to eat but once I figured it out he only refuses when he is shedding and has doubled in weight in 6 months. You'll notice that we all recommend rats for prey rather than mice, that's a lot to do with how big Royals get and they will quickly outgrow mice and you end up having to feed multiple mice so its just easier and cheaper to feed just one rat (Its mad how big some rats get, some rats are equal to a small rabbit ). It is also advised to not handle the snake until you have three consecutive feeds, this doesn't mean no touching, if you have to move it to clean up or weigh etc then that's fine, it just means don't have it out for a long time (as BATS calls it and now so do most of us, this is armchair walkies). You will quickly realise too that these snakes don't poop very often, they store it up for months (Duke last went in March) and then unleash what can only be described as King Kong's lower leg as they are HUGE and black and fluffy.

Don't worry about asking any questions, no matter how daft it may sound, the only silly question is one that's not asked.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  22:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They look fine - and much cheaper than Argos.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  22:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaronefc97

would you recommend these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-SCALES-HIGHEST-0-01g-ACCURACY-200g-CAPACITY-UK-/180666052057?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item2a10892dd9

200g max capacity is about the weight of a royals head. You need ones that go to about 3kg for an average royal

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  23:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

quote:
Originally posted by Aaronefc97

would you recommend these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-SCALES-HIGHEST-0-01g-ACCURACY-200g-CAPACITY-UK-/180666052057?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item2a10892dd9

200g max capacity is about the weight of a royals head. You need ones that go to about 3kg for an average royal

200 GRAMMES?? MAX??

Aagh, sorry, late at night - good thing you spotted that, Bob!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  23:08:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are tiny plate scales used for the dealing of questionable herbs, I think argos etc is your best bet or (I work for the post office yo'll be able to tell in a second) some postal scales should be accurate, I borrow a set from work that are tested weekly, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  23:12:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks the website and you guy are life savers will post more pics tommor
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  23:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these seem ok will get some tommor http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIGITAL-KITCHEN-COUTING-POSTAL-WEIGHING-SCALE-1Gx3KG-/290571936213?pt=UK_Crafts_JewelleryMaking_GL&hash=item43a76fe1d5 looking for best deal ahaha
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  23:26:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those ones look very good but you might be better getting something like that from a UK seller, a lot of the stuff on ebay from Hong Kong is knock off tat, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  10:10:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks will get some from tesco Nice
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly