Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  13:01:39  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay... fast typing here as I'm in a huge panic...

My female boa I just bought had just given birth to about 20+ baby boas, I'm confused and scared and dunno what to do.

If you have any experience or help you can offer hit me up at Kelfezond[AT]hotmail[dot]co[dot]uk

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  13:03:03  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
35 babies, 1 stillborn, 4 unfertalized eggs!

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  13:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW, get a incubator built asap, you stand to make all of your money back on the purchase of your Boa :)

There was a guide on here somewhere for a self built one, made out of the polystyrene box that you buy bulk frozen foods in, heat mat with small open RUBs suspended an inch or so about the mat.

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  14:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't need an incubator as boa constrictor birth live, they're all wriggling around at the moment hehe

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  14:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops, yes, you through me off with your comment about the unfertalised eggs :)

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  15:06:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah apparently thats what they are, they're like little sacks :P nasty stuff

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  15:06:54  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on a surprise delivery Kelf, now you know why Pandora seemed a bit 'off', Boas all round then get some pics of the boa soup.

Oh and get yourself a boat load of mice/rats ordered

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
0.1 Pastel ph ghost Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.0 Pastel royal poss ???
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.

Edited by - scubadude on 09/06/2011 15:15:25
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  15:14:50  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
PICTURES!

If you notice anything off please let me know as this is all new to me :)

(Things I've changed since the pictures were put up;
1: under the heat lamp the boxes have been moved so the snakes aren't exposed to so much light)

This is box 1 of 2

Edited by - Kelfezond on 09/06/2011 15:15:07
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  15:20:00  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah scuba it all makes perfect sense now :P stupid of me not to notice it before.

And yeah time to clear out a freezer lol my mother has kindly donated her freezer to me for ratty goodness

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  15:42:15  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i would give them a wash to make sure theres not gunk or substrate on them, and give them till there first shed to try and feed

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  15:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alot of them have their umbilical cords out still danny so it's good to wait till they shrug off their afterbirth and close up their ... dunno what its called... snake belly button?

That's what Jake said anyway :P

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  16:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there i have sent you an e'mail but looking at the pics i think you have it all under control any how it may help you can still put me down for a female i need to replace K there's me tugging on those heart strings. all that goo ect is there first meal and looking at the pics they have full bellys like i said in the mail 9 to 10 days first shed and the pink rat for 10 feeds thay are looking good.PS i think Lloyd should get one.keep up the good work and kep in touch D.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  16:28:17  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha I agree i'm trying to get lloyd to buy one but we're moving in together soon so he'll be looking after my snakes too lol.

I'll check your email now, everything is calm now but all the info I get is great

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  16:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, congrats and HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  17:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooo! congrats daddy!! what a shocker! they all look good so far ! i may well take one of those off u hand , as u kno ive been hunting for a boa and it now seems u have 35 to spare :) well done dude!

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  18:04:47  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You've come to the right man laws i've got boa's upto my ears now lol

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  18:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahah just gotta work on the missus as im still only allowed a dwarf....but she did say all these babies were very cute! i like the pale one u have in the 2nd pic i think it is ;)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  18:22:08  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah he's a cutie but there is a chance he won't make it :( he was very starined in birth and hes mega earthworm like squishy

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  18:24:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awh poo guy! u got others like him it seems ? theres def some crackers in the mix! keep me updated and i will keep showing my missus how cute they are hehee!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  18:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There are only 3 pale ones there, but there is an awesome dark one with a cross on his head. I think i'll keep him

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  18:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oooo well keep me posted on the pale ones if thats ok ? and i will see what my missus thinks . shes still adement we cant have one till after september atm and that she wants a crawl cay , but i just want a boa hehe! i def like the look of ur pale little un tho! hehe i bet u will keep a few more than one ;)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000