Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  09:21:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am intrigued now, what other reptiles give birth to live babies? I really had no clue that Boa's did. You learn something new all the time eh :)

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  09:41:29  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know the british Adder does, that's all I know though :P

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww, millions of little diddy boa-bies! : 3

Wow, and you really had no idea??? 0_0 I wish you all the best of luck!

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:40:31  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks blue.

No I had no idea, I bought her when she was huge she didn't grow at all for me. How he didn't notice 34 babies growing inside her I'll never know because she's so tiny now :)

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well his loss is deff your gain, a learning experience and some cash. do those Boa's fetch good prices?

1.1.0 Pastal Ball

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:45:23  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Selling them off at about £35 each at the moment. Just over a grand for the whole clutch if I'm able to sell them all. Unfortunately I don't have the room to keep them all for too long so if they don't sell I'm going to have to get rid of what I cannot afford to a local pet shop for £12

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get yourself on preloved ? £12, is that all they pay for them?

1.1.0 Pastal Ball

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:52:29  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've already got an ad on preloved, and yeah thats all the shop offered for the whole clutch.

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  10:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just seen your add :) your in Horndean. I was there a few weeks ago on the industrial estate in London road, with a load of friends for a BBQ :)

1.1.0 Pastal Ball

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  11:03:06  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hehe yeah I live along london road, should have popped in

Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  11:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you know the Mercedes garage there? not an official dealership, its a MB repair garage. thats where we was, there was about 50 of us turned up.

1.1.0 Pastal Ball

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  11:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd take one off your hands if I could : )

But he must have known something??? I mean he must have bred her at some point? Do you think that maybe he knew but didn't want the burden of all those tinies to look after so he off-loaded her onto you? Or do you think he's one of these people that don't seem to know what boys and girls do when they meet?

Ah well, I agree, his loss is definatly your gain! I'm sure you'll find great homes for them all : )

How is mummy doing? She's done well to give you such a lovley suprize.

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  11:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I didn't know adders were live-bearers - I knew garter snakes were though.

Me too - I wish I could buy one but space and being a less than 8st lone wolf prevents me lol. But what an incredible story!

Kelf, I have a spare 3' heat mat and stat I could lend you if you need any extra equipment - I can get it posted 1st class asap. I think you've got my email addy, or if not, it's on the hobbies section of my profile.

Has the shock worn off yet??

Edited by - n/a on 10/06/2011 11:58:58
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  12:54:11  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Shock was back again when I woke up and lilith wasn't in her vivarium but 30 odd boas were lol I was sure it was a dream.

Thanks for the offer BATs but I'm going to do my parental duty and get a rack built, done some pricing up today will be buying the stuffs in a few days and it'll be built for when they've finished their sheds. I only have room for 18 x 12 litre rubs though so hopefully will be able to sell enough of them off before then and I have a few friends willing to baby sit some of them at their houses until I find buyers, I really don't want to have to sell them to my local reptile shop, while the shop is great it would pain me to see them in the glass for £40 knowing I'd done all the work and worry.

As for the male I got email today, he did put a little male in with her and I got a picture of them both together but he said he didn't know she was pregnant and didn't know the male was big enough to breed, he is absolutely gutted as he wanted to breed her himself and he offered to come and buy some of the babies from me.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  13:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No probs - glad you've got sorted, and you'll need the rub rack eventually for your royal breeding. So the boas will pay for the rack, and then hopefully still leave you with a profit. All the best with Project Boa!

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  16:37:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelfezond or it grandad ?? well done and a very big well done to Victoria what a star and pandora go mum. In ref to you mail yes that should be fine but she will be hungrey and faster and more aggesive
so watch you fingers she will act like a new one.And i am going to stop looking at this end and put me down for a female if poss?and ref in glass for £40 not here £69 in shops only £35 at the show's
but i know what you mean.Here's a bit of fun or trivia on behalf of MUM PANDORA
Male boa, JAKE
Female boa, SULLY
Male boa, Eytukan
Female boa, Moe't
Male Boa, Tsu'tey
Female boa, Neytiri
Female boa, Eywa
and a big male flying reptile called, TORUK.
Why you ask yourself because they all live on a planet called
PANDORA WELL DONE MUM.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  16:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Blue Lizard have now sold out of boas, £71.74 rrp, £54.99 at BL. I think someone was asking £40 - 50 on RFUK. I certainly wouldn't sell them too cheap to strangers.

Hah - Sticks - I'm thick when it comes to all that virtual stuff, but I get your drift lol!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  16:59:34  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice one sticks i'll find a cute female for you :D

Had another check on them all today we have four or five really nice pale coloured ones, really happy with them but might keep two myself haha.

Also when is it safe to start sexing?

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  18:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelf I can't believe your luck lol but if your going to buy a female I suppose having her pregnant doesn't hurt (unless you don't know and wake up one morning to a viv full of babies lmao) wish I could have one but having enough trouble talking the wife into letting me have another royal, (wait till she finds out I want another four or five

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Welly
Yearling

United Kingdom
423 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  23:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, thats pretty impressive

0.1.0 Royal Python