Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  10:24:37  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Back from the vets with the little baby number 34 who needs an operation or putting down. I figured I didn't plan to have the litter so the money I'm making on them was a bonus, might as well use that money to pay for the little guys operation, he needs to have his eye removed.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  12:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh hope it all goes well for the little dude ! Was the other one ok ? Number 12 was it ? X

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

stumpy
Yearling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  12:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha, sorry too hear hope all goes well for the little one, you keeping that one as well? Happy feeding for all that lot, they are beautiful
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  12:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, good on yer, Kelf. The little guy will manage fine - one of my corns, Cy (short for Cyclops) hatched with no left eye or socket, just skin where they should have been. She's a trifle vague at times, and sometimes movements startle her because she hasn't seen them coming with her blind side, but she enjoys life and she's a curious little devil - only have to change her water for her to pop her head out to have a nosy ... in fact I think she's beginning to develop a 'sixth sense.' Your boa will be fine ...

The only problem with owning a one-eyed snake is all the jokes!!

ps, yes, how did the other baby go on?

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  12:57:32  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Number 12 is fine just some kinks in his tail, could have been caused by being squished up against so many others but he'll be fine.

Yeah the vet said he'll be fine it's just a shame that boas rely on their eyesight more than other snakes due to not having heat-pits in his face :P

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  15:10:57  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aww poor wee man! good on you though, your a good snakey daddy!

I've noticed that boas are very much more visual than pythons, boris is always watching and reacts to movement much more than florence.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  15:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, glad the other little one's ok - yes, of course, heat pits do help with feeding and corns don't have any either of course - I was a bit sceptical about Cy's supplier saying that she was a poor feeder due to her one-eyed state, but I think they were right. However, for some reaosn, she's adapted - and now I scarcely even have to say 'mouse' before she's there and ready for it - after a slow and frustrating start, she's now a little tiger, so don't be too dismayed if your lad takes his time; he'll adapt.

Considering his place of birth, you'll have to call him Horatio ...

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  15:12:56  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
.. I don't get it

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  15:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Horatio Nelson!

(Didn't he hang out all round the Havant area when he wasn't off fighting battles? Or at least that's what I learned at school, long ago when I were a lass and all this round here were fields ...)

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  15:17:42  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah that's right... I had no idea his first name was Horatio lol

Go to Top of Page

MrsA82
Yearling

United Kingdom
437 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  15:44:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good on you kelf his brothers and sisters chip in to give him a good life

2.4.0 Royal python
0.0.2 Cornsnake
1.1.0 Extreme red Albino Hognose
2.2.1 Crested Gecko
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  15:46:00  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I was going to buy beer with that money -.-''

Not impressed

Go to Top of Page

STICKS
Yearling

United Kingdom
408 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  16:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there that answers one of my Q's good one give the little guy a good life.Looks like i may have trouble getting 21 from Laws??I do have list of numbers.What buying beer thats a good name i will call her Stella i can't call her 1664 how about Krony keep up the good work hope to see you very soon.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  17:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think laws has conceded defeat and bought a dwarf boa so you're clear on 21 for the moment :)

I think stella, bacard, black velveti or tequila for a girl
Guiness, john smith or scrumpy for a boy lol

Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  17:25:05  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
you forgot Murphys

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
0.1 Pastel ph ghost Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.0 Pastel royal poss ???
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  17:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - or in the case of Aldo the 'orrible, Snakebite or Bloody Mary!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  17:38:11  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haha that is true bats

My girlfriend did all the baby boas yesterday, she changed aldo's water and bedding without realizing it was him, no hissing, no biting, nothing... Bloody suck up snake.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  17:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha - it's all down to confidence eh?

Decades ago when I bred Siamese cats, some friends of mine had a zillion cats, including a totally evil lilac point. That cat was a killer. I was warned never to touch her. Sitting in the kitchen chatting one day, one of their lilac points climbed into my arms and I automatically fussed and fondled it while going on with the conversation ... presently they gasped. 'OMG! That's Kali!!' (I think her name was - something suitably sinister.) Once Kali's cover was blown, she growled and stalked off - but the point was, since I hadn't realised it was her, I hadn't been wary, and ...well, I'd cuddled her and no bloodshed ...

Congrats, Victoria!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  18:03:04  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah I think that has a lot to do with it.

Weird mental block I can't pass, I get bit tons by all the snakes but it still makes me wary when they hiss hehe

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  18:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe i havent brought the dwarf as of yet , but yeah i would say ur clear for 21 , i cant convince the missus :( *bottom lip and chin wobble" lol! stella and krona are guud names! kelf how big are the boys likely to get ?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2011 :  18:32:31  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think 6ft sounds average for a male, i'll double check that for you though and get back to you. They're far skinnier than a female though

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000