Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  22:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hah - tomorrow!! Glad you reminded me - forgot about pics of the upstairs viv stack but it will appear, how could it not - oh boy you lot are going to be sick of Bats' pics by the time I've done!

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  22:42:19  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never! you need to catch up with the rest of us!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  11:07:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations BATS!

If it helps I use Firefox and I rearly have an issue with Photbucket cutting me off. It takes some getting used to 'cause it's different to IE, but it's OK and your less likly to get a virus as you are with IE too!

Many more photos to come, yes?

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  13:55:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

amendment - trying to stop these dratted pics spreading across the page ...
and another bit of text to try and separate econd pic ...

As promised ...(and DRAT it - I can't seem to post several pics in one post, but, anyway, a viv stack is a viv stack, you get the idea lol ...

As you may remember, the idea was to build this stack in case I bred Shahi and Surahi (who you may glimpse asleep in her hide in the top right-hand viv.) I wasn't sure if I'd be able to part with any of the offspring. Well, I decided not to breed, but went ahead with the stack and let my colubrid collection expand into it. Ziska is in the bottom rh viv; eventually Saffy and Buffy will take the bottom vivs and Ziska, who may grow to 9', will move into a big viv downstairs.

Shahi's viv is at right angles to the stack; Saada's viv is in the back bedroom, and there are 4 corns downstairs. A houseful lol!

Ah, thanks, Blue - I think we overlapped - I haven't come across Firefox, yeah, photobucket's a pain, but I've tried imageshack and picasa and haven't even been able to upload from them ...nevertheless, there will definitely be loads more Bats' pics lol!

Ah! Firefox is the same as the Google chrome that Lotabob uses - a web browser, right? I will look into this ...that is to say I will see if I can get my head round it ... Thanks again, and to Bob too.

Edited by - GMac on 14/07/2011 23:25:03
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  23:48:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow thats cool.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  10:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Bob - it was just flatpack, but great fun to do - if I ever have enough money for more snakes I'm thinking of further viv construction - that's addictive too!

Hey, I took your tip and Bluedragon's too, and got a web browser. I've lost my list of favourites, alas, but it's a lot quicker, and photobucket's behaving itself at last; though I've yet to see if it will let me post more than one pic at a time, it's still a thrill to post any pics at all.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  11:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice stack/rack Bats not said that to a lady in a while lol is that the stack from swell? I was going to get one for my new arrival but they had gone back up so a single viv had to surfice lol

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  11:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - thanks, but I ain't no lady lol.

Yes, they're from Swell, and Surrey Pet Supplies do them even a few quid cheaper - they start at £28 for a 2', but as you know I was thrilled to find them at Swell, saved me loads. Ironically they're manufactured in the next town to me - if I ever did another stack I'd contact Vivexotic direct; they might deliver a few locally.

The only difficulty I had was the window-tracking - either it wouldn't admit the glass, or the glass was loose; also the front panel connections, if not spot on, had a nasty habit of coming loose. Once I'd made sure these were absolutely tight, and learned to wiggle the track around to accommodate the glass - and then ease the top track tight down on the glass to ensure a good fit, they were fine.

Go to Top of Page

Robert
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
957 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  11:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Robert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Congrats Bats, persistence pays off and nice looking snakes they are too :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2011 :  13:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Robert - now to get up some current pics of Saada and Surahi - Surahi's about to shed, hence water bowl in warm end, but Saada's free for a photoshoot and weight check - must have her out this afternoon.

Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  11:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you've got sorted and glad you can upload photos better now. Yeah, it can be a pain to convert but Firefox is less of a pain in the long run!

Nice stack too... I haven't got enough wall space! X )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  14:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MAJOR DROOL!!!!!!!!!!

That's one awesome viv stack you got there, BATS!

I want one.

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  15:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Blue and Anatess.

I'm kicking myself because for some strange reason I left Surahi's hide the wrong way round - I like their hide entrances facing towards the back of the viv, but she's about to shed so didn't like to disturb her. It's handy for keeping an eye on her though. I think Saada's looking dusty too - took some pics yesterday but they didn't do her justice. I'm going photography mad - when Surahi's shed I want to get her outside on a warm day (weather's still poor) and hopefully get some daylight pics to show off her colours.

Watch this space.

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  16:13:42  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
super lovely stack set up you have there bats :)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  16:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks D3l!

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  19:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm currently redoing my vivs... I decided to move all of the snakeys out of their glass tanks into RUBs. I'm really happy with the way the 3 snakes I got moved to RUBs are thriving.

But now, I'm doubting myself again. I should try the wooden vivs first! Waaaa. It's going to be a lot expensive though. Booo hooo!

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  21:20:19  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great pics BATS

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  21:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bigdon.

Oh dear, Anatess, have I started something? I confess I do like vivs myself; they take up a lot of room but I find them less fiddly to work with than rubs (have used rubs as temporary housing from time to time) and they do display the snakes well (though I like your plexiglass rub windows.) Plus in my cool house (no summer this year as usual) they hold the heat better. These cost me under £300 (don't know what that works out in dollars) for the vivs themselves, glass, fixings, everything, can't remember what all the equipment cost but I was lucky to get some bargain bulb guards and some of the stats secondhand. But, yes, they are more expensive than rubs ...I certainly won't be tempted to any Karen Millen by those spammers lol!

Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  23:26:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
liking your stack, looks dam good BATS (fixed your links you were very very nearly there)

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Edited by - GMac on 14/07/2011 23:30:12
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2011 :  11:53:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, thanks GMac - that's cool. Perhaps this new web browser will iron out the link problem. I'm still stunned that I can post pics at all.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000