Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  21:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going by the weights of rats sold by my supplier, Chancho could probably eat a medium weaner at least ...shops often underfeed snakes - it's called a 'maintenance' diet ...shops, grr! I got given a load of wrong advice myself when I first started - you're not the only one.

He'll be fine - just ease him up slowly to the right size. I've had to do this with a couple of mine, and have gone by the rule of feeding three meals of one size before I move up to the next size, if you see what I mean. Or if you feed two small rats at a sitting, that also counts as a larger size rodent. Erm, hope this makes sense lol!

He sounds so happy with you and looks like he's a brilliant feeder and doing well, bless him! (Hope he doesn't think your toes are pinkies ...)

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  21:57:56  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Going by the weights of rats sold by my supplier, Chancho could probably eat a medium weaner at least ...shops often underfeed snakes - it's called a 'maintenance' diet ...shops, grr! I got given a load of wrong advice myself when I first started - you're not the only one.

He'll be fine - just ease him up slowly to the right size. I've had to do this with a couple of mine, and have gone by the rule of feeding three meals of one size before I move up to the next size, if you see what I mean. Or if you feed two small rats at a sitting, that also counts as a larger size rodent. Erm, hope this makes sense lol!

He sounds so happy with you and looks like he's a brilliant feeder and doing well, bless him! (Hope he doesn't think your toes are pinkies ...)

LOL me too!! I saw a video on the 'bitten' thread when a royal randomly just decided to have a munch on the side of the handlers hand but without striking lol just a random quick nibble!

i've got about 4 rat pups left i think so i'll double up on those then move up a size for another few weeks then hopefully i can catch him up without over-doing it by suddenly giving him a giant meal compared to his last one!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  06:44:35  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My little guys on rat fuzzies that are 17% - 20% of his body weight, but he has no problems at all getting it down, he is even in blue and snapped it up all the same. In fact he seemed to struggle more on pups, either that or they weren't as tasty

The downside is more comes out the back end and usually when hes having his carpet walkies

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: