Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  09:17:37  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hello guys.

Sorry for not being around lately, I won't be around in the future too much for at least a few weeks anyway. You've all been great to me so It's okay fair I explain what's going on especially to those of you who wanted boa's from me in the last few days.

Basically last sunday my girlfriend broke up with me, I didn't take it too well. In the same week my doctor diagnosed me with severe anxiety and moderate depression (which may have been a strong part of the reason for my failed relationship)

I was signed out of work for 3 weeks by the doctor and then later in the week informed that in fact in my contract it states I'm not entitled to sick pay so the next 3 weeks I won't have any money. My very supportive parents have changed plans on their holiday to include me so that I can get out of the house, at the moment everything I look at brings back hundreds of painful memories so hopefully with 2 weeks away around England I hope when I get back I can bare to stand in my own bedroom without breaking down.

I recently quit my games design course and decided to take up snake breeding as my second job alongside my security work, now I'm unable to do security due to my state of mine but I hope in time I can return to it, however there are no guarantee's that my position will still be available.

Due to my health I'm not able to take care of the snakes I have, I have immediately sold all of my baby boa constrictors to a shop in bulk.

Thanks for the support guys!

Also, I will be driving up to the lake district for a break, then onto edinburgh and back down to the yorkshire dales, if anyone can list any cool reptile shows or shops or if you live at any of these places and would like to meet up for a drink let me know and I'll see what I can do. Would be cool to see some of the good snake shops around the country.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  09:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey kelf , so so sorry :( big hugs . Keep ur chin up and try and enjoy ur trip round the uk , shame ur not coming down near where we live for a few beverages . Take it easy and I hope u feel better soon xx

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  09:34:46  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so sorry to hear all that bad thigs happened to a good guy like u Kelf !!
A trip aroud uk is absolutely a great idea, take it easy, enjoy ur time with ur parents and come back to us soon.

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  10:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry to here that
There always light at the end of the tunnel
Keep your chin up buddy

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 28/07/2011 10:43:49
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  11:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear that.

I suffer from clinical deppression, and have done since I was a kid, so I can only say that I know what it's like. I take Triptophan tablets for it these days and they don't cure it but they help boot it out of the way a bit.

A trip like that sounds great. I don't know of any reptile shops 'cause I don't get out to find any, but if your going to Edinbough I have to recomend their Zoo. They have a reptile house there, and I really enjoyed watching the Tiger climbing up a tree trunk to be fed!
I've been to the Lake District too, years ago. It's beautiful, You'll love it there. Great for getting stuff out of your head, 'cause those veiws take over everything.

Enjoy you holidays and I hope you come back refreshed and feeling better.

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  11:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear your having a bad time of it mate I'm sure given enough time things will get better hope you have a great holiday take care

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  11:50:31  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so so sorry kelf. at least you have your snakes for cuddles, and pandora for.. well. big cuddles
if your coming anywhere near manchester, let me now and we can meet up somewhere for a few drinks and a nice chat.
have fun on your trip, and fingers crossed everything sorts itself out mate

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  12:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear your bad news kelf, my thoughts are with you, breaking up with a loved one is never an easy thing to get over.

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Wendigo
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  14:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about the break-up, and problems. I hope everything starts to get better soon. My older sister suffers with depression, and i have anxiety and OCD, so i now how hard it can be =) I really hope you enjoy your holiday/trip, and if you ever need someone to talk to, just send me a message =)

0.2.0 Normal Royal Python. Wendigo & Chepi
1.2.0 Dogs. Bedley,Nuna,Holly.
0.2.0 Hens. Orakiah & Astrid
1.2.0 Tortoises. Ishi, Pandora,Squirt.
0.2.0 Rats. Mouse, Flubba.
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  15:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are in Edinburgh, Dunfermline is just across the water cracking rep shop called serpentus is well worh a visit.

You need anything you know how to get in touch.

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  18:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Kelf, very very sorry to hear. Depression is hell and anxiety is worse, and you're very wise to ease up on all the pressures for a while. I'm glad you got the baby boas sorted - they were so unexpected and you coped magnificently.

Your energy will come back, although right at the moment you'll feel as if it's gone for ever. The holiday sounds like a very good idea and a good change.

With love and all very best wishes from Bats and the belfry - and Ziska sends a loving nip.

Edited by - n/a on 29/07/2011 17:47:58
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  19:03:21  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh kelf, that really sucks mate. So sorry to hear that but i know you will turn things around. Take the time you need, we will all be here when you get back. Take care xxx

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  19:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was speaking with Stephen this afternoon, he is already out with his family so he is in good hands.

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 28/07/2011 :  20:23:38  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are 3 snake shops in Sheffield if you're going past. Snakes n Adders is my fav of the 3.

Go to Top of Page

jhk2005
Yearling

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  08:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi kelf, you sound like you've been to hell and back mate ; all I can say is that i'm sending warmest wishes from me and the brood and to use a cliche "time really does heal all wounds". Just remember to take things easy and each day will get a little bit better :)

1.6.0 Normal Royals - Will, Grace, Lolly, Patty, Maddie, Mystique, Victoria
1.1.0 Pastel Royals - Becks, Sophie
0.1.0 Spider Royal - Charlotte
0.1.0 Mojave Royal - Mo
1.1.0 Yellowbelly Royals - Pinky, Perky
1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal - Pip
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal - Buzz
1.0.0 Vanilla Royal - Vinnie
1.0.0 Lesser Royal - Leo
1.0.0 Cinnamon Royal - Sam
1.0.0 Burmese Python - Kane
0.1.0 Albino Burmese Python - Amber
1.0.0 Redfoot Tortoise - Chucky
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  09:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear things have been rough, thoughts being sent your way x

Go to Top of Page

anatess
Sub Adult

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  15:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kelf! Come to Florida. Lots of fun things to do here.

Sorry to hear about the break-up. Don't beat yourself up too much on it. When there's a break-up, it is never just one person's fault! I've stayed married for 13 years because I acknowledge that neither I nor my husband are perfect people. We mess up... a lot. What keeps us going is because both of us love each other enough to deal with the other person's weaknesses. So, what I'm saying is that - your girlfriend was not strong enough to deal with your weaknesses. So, she's not the girl for you. One of these days, you'll find that special person who can be strong for the both of you in times of your weakness. And that you will also be strong for the both of you in times of her weakness. Then you'll see how love can conquer anything!

Snake owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
0.1.0 pastel royal
1.0.0 spider royal
0.1.0 albino royal
1.0.0 bumblebee royal
1.0.0 yellowbelly royal
0.0.1 wild-type royal
1.0.0 normal western hognose

Edited by - anatess on 29/07/2011 15:16:29
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 29/07/2011 :  20:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh thats crappy news Kelf sorry to hear that the turd has hit the fan.

Breakups are tough at the best of times but as a lifetime sufferer of anxiety disorder I'm sure its knocked you and your confidence for 6, maybe even 7. Its one of those things that people always say it gets easier or time is a great healer etc and it really does. One of my closest friends always says 'whats for you, won't pass you by' so although the loss is a sore point now think about what you now have to gain anytime starting from now.

You'll be glad of the break, its hard plodding on when things have piled up on you, take some Kelf time, the Lakes is a good choice, nice and quiet.

I look forward to you returning, feeling back to your happy video making self soon. You'll be missed.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  09:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thank you all for the kind words and advice.
I might not be going for the trip now anyway, my parents aren't sure if I'm mentally fit enough for it and they want me to stay home and talk to a therapist some more.
I'll keep you all updated

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  10:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Also

Can somebody inform Danny he might need to take control of the competition for the next month and Gmac if you could do me a favour and update the hall of fame.

Many thanks

Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  23:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you start to feel better soon

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover