Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:27:49  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love the way you went back to edit that post 5 minutes later just to include the personal insult.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow heated thread , this forum isnt just about snakes, we all have spent a good deal of time following peoples new additions , the the mile stones and problems achievements that follow with keeping snakes and in turn all become good friends, theres lots of regulars on here , and u get to kno the people as well as their snakes . lets get back to the original thread title about reptile shops vs online , kelf did a fab job with the boas he had , alot of time effort and money went into bringing those babies up , and 8 quid each is really low for how gorgeous they are but at the end of the day when situations come up and change things sometimes u have to do what u have to do .

i buy most of my stuff from a rep shop by me , i dont tend to get them off line as im not home much to be there for the day they get posted etc .

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:42:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SaltyTurtle

Seriously, seek help. I can see why his girlfriend dumped him to be honest.

A totally uncalled for response Saltly. You have to realise that Kelf is a very well respected member of this forum and your responses to his initial post annoyed me too. I'm sure that Kelf's angry response is only due to the way you questioned his motives without the foggiest idea of the background, not condoning his response but I know its been a very tough decsion to let his baby Boa's go the way he had to so i can understand his reaction to your comments.

This is normally a drama free, fun forum, we have enough drama keeping Royals to drag it over to the forum too. We aren't just on here for snakes, its a common interest but its the people on here too that make it what it is.

Please consider that you are talking to actual people which can sometimes be forgotten in a forum environment.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On subject though, i needed crickets, went to 2 different reptile shops an BOTH were closed today, now the road was dug up outside one of them so its understandable but the other just appears to not open on a Sunday.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agree with what u put bob

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That the shops are shut lol, glad you agree Muhahahaha

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! well im in brum and ur in ireland , so i take ur word :P

Go to Top of Page

SaltyTurtle
Yearling

155 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  16:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see I'll get no support from anyone on this. You're a bunch of close pals, and I am the outsider, as you've made it quite clear.

Since you're all rounding on me, and I can see the 'get the boot in' mentality begin, I'll slip off now and spend some time looking at my snake, (or at least play 'guess which hide he's under, lol)

Have fun!

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  17:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
If you can order in bulk and have the freezer space or share an order/delivery costs with friends, frozen food online does work out cheaper.
Where do you buy them from bats,can you share the link please?

About the shop thing,they might have overheads,But they make huge profits on each item..The only thing where they don't is cigarettes stuff like that (I no not reptile)

Cork bark for example.My local shop is selling each bit for like £10 to £20..Now they buy that for £20 a pallet.or £20 per whatever kg it is.Now etc pallet might only have 5 bits..but sometimes its like 30 plus bits.

Cost to them:£20
lets say theres 10 bits that cost them £20.and they sell each for £12,thats £100 profit.

Lets talk about stats,if surrey pet supplies can sell a pulse stat for £31.08,how much do you think they purchased it for?
Then a shop £55,you can see what im getting at

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  17:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://anfrozenfoods.co.uk/

Thats a link to M-Iceland, because Mums know best.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  17:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, it's A&N Frozen foods in Suffolk - I'm useless at posting links but you can easily find them via google.

Can't speak highly enough of them for price, reliability, quality.

Only thing is, you may see some items marked out of stock, but try ringing - the mobile gets answered more readily than the landline. If you're prepared to wait a few days, they'll tell you when they have, say, small rats available (they breed their own) and give you priority. And they're very helpful about advising how to fill a polybox to maximum so you get best value. And if you click on the 'what we do' heading, there's a table of approximate weights.

Someone did a price breakdown a while back on the online delivered frozen foods and found these the cheapest.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  17:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, lol, thanks Bob!

Yup - home of micicles and mice lollies!

Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  18:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ah, lol, thanks Bob!

Yup - home of micicles and mice lollies!

Thanks I will check if its worth me doing.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  18:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe i've never checked this out before, though i don't have enough mouths to feed to make it worth while it just shows the mark up in shops0. I dont have a massive freezer and they dont go big enough for Duke and Sanke will be getting up in that realm soon too but for the owner with lots of corn snakes this sort of thing would save them a fortune.

Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  19:03:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I can't believe i've never checked this out before, though i don't have enough mouths to feed to make it worth while it just shows the mark up in shops0. I dont have a massive freezer and they dont go big enough for Duke and Sanke will be getting up in that realm soon too but for the owner with lots of corn snakes this sort of thing would save them a fortune.

Thats why i was looking into it,small weaner rats near me are £1.20 or something,and the size of rabbits LOL.Large mice are tiny and ex large are large and most deformed in the bags.

60/70p for a pinkie its not even funny when you think about it..Anyway to make ordering online worth it,id have to order like 100 of each,and i just won't use that many.Then theres the space to put them,Which i don't have :(

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  19:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, the freezer space is a big factor - atm I have a small corn on pinkies, a larger corn on hoppers, one corn on medium mice, a few corns on large mice, and a gopher and 3 royals on varying size rats ...

AND larger sizes for them to grow into/that the others have left behind - bit chaotic tbh! And not a lot of freezer space for me!

It will calm down eventually.

One thing about A&N - with them breeding their own, even though they list 'pack quantities' - if you're ordering a boxful and just want say twenty pinks instead of the usual pack of 50, they're happy to provide this. I might order several sizes and say 'can you fill up the box with small rats' and they'll do this. Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000