Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  21:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just swapping out the kitchen roll so thought I'd snap a few pictures, these were the few he was staying still.

In his safe box (if he is in here he is left alone)

Out on my hand (I'm not squishing him he is sat on top of my fingers.

And the close up.

Sorry laws, but you know you want one!

Oh I forgot to say when I was picking the kitchen roll up he started chirping away at me, it was so cute he then jumped onto my hand.

Edited by - Lotabob on 11/08/2011 22:05:48

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha ! Its a good job I love u bob . And its a good job I think harleys gorgeous . To be honest its mine and the missus' anniversary sunday . I am gona try and ask her if we can go get one ;) she may say no . However I'm gonna show her these pics ! Has he calmed down in ur hands now ??

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is good as gold, he is just very quick, he is starting to be a bit more brave round me too he took a waxworm from my hand yesterday so i am very pleased, and with his chirping tonight I'm smitten, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:19:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard them chirp on youtube ! Its well sweet . I wud need to get some of the powedered food . Do u feed him it every two days ? Then crickets a few times a week ?

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:30:16  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arhhhh lovely pics

poor old laws lol

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:34:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CHIRPING?? Must suss this out!

Lovely pics - and happy anniversary Laws and MAYBE happy crestie day too??

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because I'm still not overly sure he is eating the powdered food he is getting 2 gutloaded crickets every other day. I'm actually tricking him a bit too, the crickets are fed on gecko food so one way or another its going in, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was exactly like this but not for a long though, that ones really chatty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFOGsS2TPuI

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha thanks bats , its torture , for sure . But love seein everyones pics . I aren't overly sure it will be a crestie day , I will ask but if not after our hols....wait I've said that before......lol !

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:47:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ps gut loading is when u feed the crickets isn't it ? What do u feed them ? The powedered stuff but what else ?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww - sounds just like a bird - I'd watched some other clips and they sounded more like grey squirrels.

Though his voice will get deeper as he grows older ...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My pet crix loved potato, tomato, fish food ...a lot of liquid shortens their lives so fresh wet veg is good, but you can actually buy some stuff called Bug Grub which is designed to gut load them with all the right nutrients for the gecko.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  22:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got ya ! How long do they live for ? I'm worried about escapee crickets , I'm not a big big lover lol !

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  23:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hard to say ...as soon as they're adults they mate and lay eggs and then die off (but of course you'll have fed them to the gecko before then.) Only a few weeks, really, from young ones to the really huge ones the size of small dates.

Yes, I had to be eternally vigilant about escapees because I understand they can get into the fabric of your house and breed. Hot and cold running crickets ...no. I used to keep them in a cheap faun from Wilkinsons. And you can get silent ones if you don't like the chirping - me I LOVED the chirping and couldn't find the trad black crickets so gave up keeping them ...

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  23:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep my crickets in the tubs they come in, I feed them the gecko diet, they also get carrot, potato and fish food. Oh I gave them a dead wax worm the other day too, they tore it apart. lol. I have only had 1 escape and not get caught the other one my dog caught and ate about two hops into his break for freedom, nothing gets past a dog bred for hunting, lol.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  23:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine havent gotten too big, the biggest ones go for slaughter lol. Though I did have to pour boiling water on what appeared to be beetle larvae that appeared in the cricket tub today, not having them all over the house and they do seem to come with the crickets.

The good thing with the cresties though is you dont have to feed them crickets all the time, just a treat every now and again, I'm lucky (or mad) I have the spider eating the same size crickets so its easy for me to get through a tub.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  23:48:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your DOG eats crickets??

Mind you my cats eat flies, spiders, moths ...

Cresties eat locusts too - locusts can't breed in a house the way crix can and escapees are easier to spot. Just as simple to keep as crix, but not as smelly ...unless you give them fish food.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  23:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I give crickets to my fish too lol, they love a bit of live food. Yeah my dog is a bug eater, he loves blue bottles, all the thrill of the chase followed by a crunchy treat.

Crickets dont half stink, I couldnt believe it when I first smelled them, never thought of insects making a smell.

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  08:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They eat dubia roches As well I brought like 25 females 10 male and about 30' nymphs and 50 babies

Stuck them on a heat mat at about 30/32c and were getting babies now :) gotta wait till we have loads before we start feeding them off

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  11:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, so diddy, and that churping video! : 3

Very cute.

I'm getting a starter colony of Dubai Roaches for when I get my Beardie, and I've been avised to rub vasaline round the top of the faun to stop escapees! Good advise, I thought!

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  11:08:48  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep but they can't craw up plastic ;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page