Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  13:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think....think ...I've just won my case . Our anniversary sunday...she's been called to glasgow sunday nite till monday nite.....I said well I will have a crestie to make up . And she said after our hols and I said sooner and she asked if my sis wud def look after said crestie while on hols. She then said we will talk about it when she's home....
I've just made a home up for one to check we have all the stuff and its waaaay better than my last attempt . I'm using an exo terra large flat faun , on its side for height . Have wood as u have seen , leafy plants either side , better than last plant I had . Kitchen roll tube wedge across top of tank with hole cut so he can go inside , and two mini cardboard costa coffee cups as little hides and two milk bottle lids . Also a temp probe . Does this sound ok ? Checking we have everything . Will need to buy powedered food , may order some of u del boy if possible . What temp should I keep it to ? I also have a spray gun to mist the tank ??

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  14:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YAY! Laws has got her way!

Happy coming crestieversary!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  14:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha , its not a dead cert yet . But I think I have a valid case lol !

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  14:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats great news laws :)

Temp between 18-26 c is what we aim for
I cant sell the power no more
As Alan repashy contacted me about repacking it so that's no more :(
He posted on his website my links and well lets just say i removed it pretty fast ;)

Stickfeet.co.uk sell it in 8oz bags for £12.99 plus p&p but that will last 2-3 months
Or ordering a big bag 32oz from pangea.com costs £29 that includes delivery works out about £3.40 for 4oz
And will last you about 18 months maybe more lol always keep it in the fridge ;)
If your getting a hatchling cresties it's better to keep it in a small enclosure so it don't get lost and can find it's food
post a pic ;)

Ps well done again ;)

Edit: that maybe great news laws;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 12/08/2011 14:06:08
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  14:32:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no internet at home at the moment so can't get pics up , I have a small standard faun , or the large flat faun and its pretty packed out . So keep the powder in the fridge ? And change it every two days ?

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  14:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also temps in my living room atm the tank is reading 73degrees ? That ok ?

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  15:40:10  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm sure it will bo ok
We just pop abit of jungle vine in a a bit of fake plant wraped around it
2 milk caps one for water and one for food
Although they probley don't drink from the milk caps it's there if they want it

73 f what's that lol I only do c

Change food every other day also when we offer crickets they don't get the power food till the following day

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  16:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I am allowed to get one :D , I have to pay for it tho and she said she wants a dark one ? Lol ! So maybe sunday . I wanted to ask , u kno how u can gove them fruit ? And mush it up , can u buy inncoent smoothie and freeze it ? Its all natural ingredients ? Aswel as the crestie diet ?

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  16:54:47  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
baby food isnt good for them so personally i would say innocent smoothies are either. but i dont really know. to be on the safe side i would just buy some strawberries, mango and\or papaya and blend them up to a smoothie. we then freeze in ice cube trays. it makes loads too

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  17:24:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okies that's cool , just weren't too sure as it has no additive , artifcial colours etc . Just need to find me a little one now . Petshop by me sells them for 70 which is very steep I feel , another one does them for 50 . Also need to get repashys stuff too

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  17:53:48  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
pets at home sell them to £49.99

just check to make sure it aint got floppy tail syndrome

google

fts crested gecko

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  17:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got no internet at home and my phone is abit limited . What shud I be checking for ?

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  18:32:31  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Floppy tail syndrome (FTS)

Floppy tail syndrome (FTS) is a condition that affects crested geckos and, very rarely, gargoyle geckos. It is characterised by the tail drooping either to the side or over the back of a gecko when it rests with its head pointing downward; the animal's pelvis may also appear to be twisted. It has been suggested that it occurs when the adhesive lamellae at the tip of the tail cannot support the weight of the tail when the gecko repeatedly rests in a head-down position on the walls of its enclosure, causing the tail to flop down. It is hypothesised that, over time, this will lead to distortion of the bones forming the pelvic girdle, with this deformation being exacerbated if the gecko is suffering from a slight calcium deficiency. FTS is cannot be reversed once it has occurred. However, preventative measures include providing abundant foliage, branches, cork bark etc so that geckos have ample resting places and so can avoid resting in a head down position for prolonged periods and ensuring that their diet is provided with the correct supplements.

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  18:43:59  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
everything has been said really, and congrats
73* is perfect, i tried to aim for about 70-78*, and never let it exceed 80*F as it can become dangerous and kill them from excessive heat. you can let it drop down to about 65* but it can stunt the growth a little so they grow slower. i found mine was more happy with temps around 73-75 as that was when he was active and ate his most

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  01:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really excited now ! This little one has been a long time comming ! I think I will be getting him/her sunday . Hate that my internet is down as I can't check classifieds section to see how much they are selling for privately . Boo ! I will try and get pics of the set up soon , need to give sky an ear bashing as internets been down three or four days already .

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  10:21:01  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have a look on lilly exotics, amanda is very good, and breeds very high quality cresties. her price ranges from £35-70, the simple harlequin being lower depending on quality, and the high quality pinstripes being 70. she has lots to offer, and is very nice to talk to

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  10:53:33  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and she only charges £20 delivery :)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  11:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Laws, let me know re classifieds you want to look up and I'll have a look through them and email you. Is it RFUK etc? I'll be idle from 2pm on - give me something to do lol.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  12:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job on getting the go ahead laws lol, and I've got an abundance of Dubia Roaches if anyone wants them at a fair price of course lol, as far as the vaseline goes Bluedragon it's not needed as they are the only cock roach that can't climb smooth surfaces:), the only bad thing about them is they are slow growing if you are thinking of breeding them it'll take at least six months depending on how many you start with..

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2011 :  13:44:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww another crestie owner (to be). I have Harley in an 18 Litre RUB, I had it stood up but it was really unstable, its the right way up now and Harley doesn't mind one bit he is so small he has plenty of room to move about even climbing. His viv wont be free for a month when Spot and Duke move into their new Vivs Snake and Harley are moving to the 2 footers for a few months while I kit out their vivs. Anyway not about me lol, I'm sure your so excited. Dark ones go light at night, Harley goes really dark and rusty coloured in the day but is yellow looking at night.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000