New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2011 :  09:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well some of you may know, i have had a non feeder for the past 5 months. She is still only 70g but this is a vast improvement on the 50g she was... I have tried various different methods, and last week in desperation it was really a case of pass her on to some one who can get her feeding... until a lovely lady told me about powerade baths... Anyhow to cut a long story short after a couple of baths and refusals, i asisst fed her, her 3 weekly pinkie feast. I usually give her a good sized pinkie but only had 3 of the worlds smallest left so i defrosted all 3. I assist fed te 1st then the 2nd, then i had the 3rd so i thought i will offer it and if she is not interested feed it to the baby corn.. any how with my finger s(stupid idea i know) she gently took it from me and did the most pathetic (but very cute) constrict i have ever seen and prompty swallowed the pinkie..

I am going to offer again on Sunday and hope for a repeat... I wonder how long it'll be before i lose a finger hhhhmmmmm

Wendigo
Yearling

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2011 :  09:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!! You must feel relieved, I know I was when mine started feeding again =D

0.2.0 Normal Royal Python. Wendigo & Chepi
1.2.0 Dogs. Bedley,Nuna,Holly.
0.2.0 Hens. Orakiah & Astrid
1.2.0 Tortoises. Ishi, Pandora,Squirt.
0.2.0 Rats. Mouse, Flubba.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2011 :  10:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats! You must have been really worried.

Bless her, what a good girl! I'd try her with a rat pup as soon as she's used to swallowing something. Some people wear those disposable latex gloves for assisting but I confess I never did, and I had no trouble, though Shahi once coiled round my hand.

I got my comeuppance last feeding time with him when, casually lifting him on to his branch (where he likes to feed) he remembered his baby days, coiled hard round my left hand and swallowed a finger on my right hand ...he's now 900g ...it'll be no time before your baby's the same, but, unlike me, watch your fingers lol ...

Edited by - n/a on 24/08/2011 10:50:33
Go to Top of Page

Lucy1012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
82 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2011 :  11:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she was so gentle taking, sure she is just leading me into a false sense of security, just hope she is a decent sized prey so my fingers do not get in the way when she power strikes and tries to catch me by surprise... just so happy she took it on her own... fingers crossed we have the same again on Sunday...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2011 :  15:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless her, sounds like she's going from strength to strength now. If they do catch your finger it's only from excitement, even when they're adult and ouch! I think that when they're as little as that, and being assisted, they're not going to be snappy - in fact you'd be delighted if she was snapping at her food. She will!

Edited by - n/a on 24/08/2011 15:12:34
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2011 :  06:59:21  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats !!

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000