Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  15:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww what a sad state of affairs when people neglect their animals like this, I am very pleased that it now has a good home and someone we know will give it the best chance of recovery. I think of the time I devote to my animals to keep them in the best condition and I can't think of even one second where I didn't enjoy it, so to think of these people just letting their animals getting into a state I just can't even imagine that mindset, to think I look after my spider's dinner better than they care for their animals makes me sick, and the worse thing about it is these people are the ones who repeatedly go out for the latest fad get bored, neglect it abandon them on a doorstep and then go out and get the next victim. If I ever come accross anyone been cruel to an animal god help them (I'm an athiest but they better start praying I don't catch up with them lol).

ANYWAY good luck with this one, keep us all informed, I'm sure you'll soon have that beardie back to tip top condition.

Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  18:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had two bearded dragon for a number of years and loved them to bits. I hope that you can pull this one through and have lots of pleasure out of her. I wish you all the luck in the world.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  19:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope things go well it sounds like the poor thing could do with a break, here's a few pointers for you hope they help.

1, viv 4'x2'x2'
2, Uvb tube min 3' long in a four foot viv with a reflector, best one imo is the Arcadia 12% D3+
3,Don't need to buy expensive reptile basking bulb just use a household R80 spot min 60w
4, Basking spot about 110f cool end about 84f
Calcium every day Mon-Fri, and nutrobol sat and sun
5 Min 12 hours day light and all lights off at night, min night time temp 60f no lower in the winter you may need to use an infa red or moon glow bulb to keep the temp above the 60 degree mark, DO NOT USE A HEAT MAT on the floor for night time temp on one of the sides might be ok.
Hope that helps any mroe questions just ask

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  21:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

Hope things go well it sounds like the poor thing could do with a break, here's a few pointers for you hope they help.

1, viv 4'x2'x2'
2, Uvb tube min 3' long in a four foot viv with a reflector, best one imo is the Arcadia 12% D3+
3,Don't need to buy expensive reptile basking bulb just use a household R80 spot min 60w
4, Basking spot about 110f cool end about 84f
Calcium every day Mon-Fri, and nutrobol sat and sun
5 Min 12 hours day light and all lights off at night, min night time temp 60f no lower in the winter you may need to use an infa red or moon glow bulb to keep the temp above the 60 degree mark, DO NOT USE A HEAT MAT on the floor for night time temp on one of the sides might be ok.
Hope that helps any mroe questions just ask

thanks for the pointers but got all the bases covered, i have learned a lot over the weekend.mbut if there is anything im unsure of i will certainly ask

she is still looking a bit sorry for herself. we are still tube feeding with the critical care formula but not putting the tube into her stomach, we gently push the tube in her mouth and she swollows as we slowly feed it to her. i also mix a small amount of chicken flavoered baby food into it.

she still wont eat the crickets or greens on her own, we are still having to open her mouth and put them in, she will eat them when in her mouth.

we did have a little break through tonight, my other half put a plate of mealworms in the viv and after looking at them for 10 mins norma, her name lol, scoffed the lot. i know these are not great for them but at least she has eaten on her own

thanks for all your kind words and advice

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover
0.1 lesser royal, serenity
0.1 black pastel royal, betty
0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
1.0 childrens python, myles
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
0.0.1 mack snow leopard gecko, munchkin
4.1 cats, stan, dave, marble, binx, daisy
4.1 rabbits, mol, ted, bill, spud, alice
0.1 crazy cat/bunny lady of bridgwater, lucy
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  22:06:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, it's a case of, whatever gets them going, sounds like she's taken the first step, you got her tempted, that is really really good!

All the very very best with her, hope she starts scoffing everything now! Fingers crossed, thinking of her.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  13:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well done for taking her on. i took on an ill beardie a few years ago that had severe MBD. had to get a new uv light as they had a 5% in there not a 10% as needed. had him on sand and sandstone slate to keep his nails down. wax worms were good for getting some weight on him. had to half squash the crickets as he could not chase then cos of the MBD. unfoutunatly afer £200+ at the vets with treatment for pin worms etc he had to be put to sleep but was well cared for and had a better life for the 7 months i had him.
got some great advice form this forum
http://www.mybeardeddragons.co.uk/
all the best

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000