Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  23:08:59  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just been reading up on this on the Dark Side lol, seems like good value for money and i can buy it online (unlike aubiose - and i have no idea where i'd keep a bale of the stuff!!)

Anyone had any experience of it here?

What does it look like colourwise? some pics i've googled it looks a bit grey... i really want something more natural looking like the same sort of woody color like aspen (some megazorb pics do look that colour, so i'm confused!)

If not i'll just stick with aspen, the corns love tunneling in it, Chancho just likes to push his head through it into the corners of the RUB lol.

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water

Edited by - mystra on 29/08/2011 23:09:21

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  16:58:11  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heard of it but never used it, i use aubiose but like you say its bulky to store.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  18:53:52  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

Heard of it but never used it, i use aubiose but like you say its bulky to store.

yeah, i live in a 1 bed flat... be fine if i had a decent store room or outhouse... but i just about have the normal rooms LOL... just having the bag of aspen in the livingroom drives me mad as the bits go EVERYWHERE!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  19:06:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohh tell me about it!

Crunchy socks!!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  20:00:52  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ohh tell me about it!

Crunchy socks!!

i know... there's always one sharp bit poking up that you don't see!

i think i might give this stuff a whirl.... ordering some vivs for the whole troop tomorrow from Surrey Pet Supplies... pay day tomorrow and its bonus time! :D and i don't have enough aspen to fill them!

they aren't going in them straight away anyway... but if i don't order them now i'll spend the money on other rubbish XD and i want to spend some time properly designing and kitting them out :D fun times!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  20:07:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooo sounds like fun! Cool! Enjoy!!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  20:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that Megatron's sister?

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  22:10:29  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Is that Megatron's sister?

LOL XD

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

macquirie
Yearling

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  14:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yeah I've been looking into Megazorb as well, did you say you'd found it available on the net? could you post a link please?

Warmest Wishes,

John

1.0.0 Het Albino,Monty
0.1.0 Het Albino,Medusa
0.2.0 Het Albinos,Boudicca & Cleopatra
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  15:19:30  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macquirie

Yeah I've been looking into Megazorb as well, did you say you'd found it available on the net? could you post a link please?

Warmest Wishes,

John

good old ebay :) first place i found it, but lots of equine stockist type sites sell it too :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Megazorb-Animal-Bedding-85-litres-/270801948082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f0d0dcdb2#ht_987wt_907

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&q=megazorb&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1372l3697l0l4040l8l8l0l0l0l2l1362l3641l2-1.6-1.2l4l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=wf&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=192ad1c72867bff4&biw=1434&bih=721

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  10:17:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Megazorb for my furrie's cages. It is grey in colour. It does tend to get everywhere, but I suppose in a viv it might be more contained. It's good in a few ways though. It prevents smells well, It's very absorbant and 'keeps' for a while in cages, it's soft and comfy feeling, it's made from recycled paper, which has to be a good thing. The down side is, apart from it getting all over the place if in an open cage at least, is that the bags are huge. It's actually horse bedding, so you can imagine the size! I keep my bag in my bedroom, just against the back wall. Not really in keeping with normal bedroom funiture, but I suits me 'cause I live alone. No one to complain : )

Never used it as reptile bedding though.

ETA: Oh, and it's really cheap too! Lasts for ages.

Just me and my zoo.

Edited by - BlueDragon on 01/09/2011 10:18:06
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  11:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - BlueDragon, and I thought I was the only woman in the world with a bale of aspen under her bed!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  22:05:58  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueDragon

I use Megazorb for my furrie's cages. It is grey in colour. It does tend to get everywhere, but I suppose in a viv it might be more contained. It's good in a few ways though. It prevents smells well, It's very absorbant and 'keeps' for a while in cages, it's soft and comfy feeling, it's made from recycled paper, which has to be a good thing. The down side is, apart from it getting all over the place if in an open cage at least, is that the bags are huge. It's actually horse bedding, so you can imagine the size! I keep my bag in my bedroom, just against the back wall. Not really in keeping with normal bedroom funiture, but I suits me 'cause I live alone. No one to complain : )

Never used it as reptile bedding though.

ETA: Oh, and it's really cheap too! Lasts for ages.

sounds good... so how big are the bags? maybe i can find somewhere to stuff it! XD shame that its grey though, maybe some are different as the one i'm looking at on ebay seems more sandy coloured... i might just give it a whirl and sell it on if i don't like it. It can't be any more bothersome than the aspen infestation! gets EVERYWHERE! lol

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  10:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not good with describing sizes, 'cause with me being dyslexic I think. But I have a three foot high cage I use as a hospital cage and the Megazorb bag is roughly the same hight. Does that help?
Also the bag it's-self is really tough, so there's no threat of it bursting everywhere!
It can look different colours on different websites, but it is always grey.

BATS: I'm gald I'm not the only one either! X )

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  13:18:57  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueDragon

I'm not good with describing sizes, 'cause with me being dyslexic I think. But I have a three foot high cage I use as a hospital cage and the Megazorb bag is roughly the same hight. Does that help?
Also the bag it's-self is really tough, so there's no threat of it bursting everywhere!
It can look different colours on different websites, but it is always grey.

BATS: I'm gald I'm not the only one either! X )

no, that's really helpful, i'll see if i have a cupboard big enough, or else i'll be snuggled up next to it ever night myself XD

it's going to cost a fortune in aspen, my two corns are obsessive burrowers so i like to have good thick layers of it, but when its time to have full size enclosures, it'll be a dear do!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

BlueDragon
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
876 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  10:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good, I'm glad it helped : )

I have one Syrian Hamster, Two CRD Hamsters and five rats (at present, although it's up and down a lot, sometimes as many as ten/twelve) and I find the Megazorb a real bargin. I can give them all nice deep litter to burrow in without worrying about cost.
I have no experience with aspen, but it sounds like Megazorb might be of some help to you in the long run.

Just me and my zoo.
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  21:12:30  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the same size bag as aubiose, which is just under £10 a bag. not sure of the weight but only comes in one size if you wanted to check to compare the costs.

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  08:46:14  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, my megazorb arrived and i dragged it home from work ( very untrustworthy neighbours in this block of flats, so i get all parcels delivered to work!) Made it to outside the flat when a big hole ripped in the bottom because i dragged it up from the bus stop LOL

but looking at it, it's not too grey looking, it's a similar colour to aspen at first glance... looks equally messy lol

Will try it out on clean outs this weekend to see what the snakelets think :D

bumping an ancient thread but well thought it might be useful to others considering trying it out :D

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  10:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't this the stuff south african keepers use 100% for there snakes?seen it on a youtube vid.

I thought it was an earthly colour,I might be thinking of something else however hehe.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  10:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha, Boomslang - brilliant - here is the stuff on youtube lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPMkqf3Nx4M

Couldn't find a snake offhand so here is a vid to get Tawfik's Blitz's tastebuds going lol.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  11:45:54  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ha, Boomslang - brilliant - here is the stuff on youtube lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPMkqf3Nx4M

Couldn't find a snake offhand so here is a vid to get Tawfik's Blitz's tastebuds going lol.

haha! dinner is served Blitz!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page