New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  14:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im getting things ready for my fire hatchling that should be ready to come home at the end of the month. I have a rub etc for him.

I was just wondering, what would be a good thing to use as hides. Im only used to corns etc so unsure how big a royal hatchie is in comparison to the corns. At the minute my corn hatchies are using toilet roll tubes as hides and even those are huuuuge for them. (They seem to love them tho lol)

Also I was planning on using kitchen roll for him while hes a hatchling. Is that ok or do they prefer something else?

Thanks Be prepared for an epic amount of questions from me in the future lol. Just wanna make sure everything is as perfect as I can get it for him throughout his life

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  14:48:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would say for a hatchling go for a coconut hide to be honest , then move up to the small exo terra ones ? coconuts are perfect . and i would also find that kitchen roll will be fine for the new little one too . congrats :) what size rub are u using hun ?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  14:51:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anything they can cram themselves in. the tighter it is the more they seem to prefer it. I love exo terra hides and plant pots.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  15:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Well I have a 10L rub. Is that ok for it?

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  15:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kitchen roll inners definitely - they are free and disposable in the event of snake mess, and although you may have to be prepared to dampen and unravel them to access the snake, the snake will love them! Congrats on the new baby!

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  15:37:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  17:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
10 litres sounds perfect :) dont forget pics ;)

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  17:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laws

10 litres sounds perfect :) dont forget pics ;)

Oh I wont Im super excited. Cant decide on a name though hate thinking of names.

Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  18:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use small food boxs, cheep and saves the planet if your into that sort of thing.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  19:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hodgie

i use small food boxs, cheep and saves the planet if your into that sort of thing.

Oh yeah! forgot about those. Breadstick boxes! Ideal for young royals because they're long and narrow and shallow ...in fact anything of that sort as long as there's no tape on it.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  19:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fab! Thanks alot guys!

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  22:07:42  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad your getting another royal

What happened to your last one ?

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5786

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  08:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D3lboys-Morphs

Glad your getting another royal

What happened to your last one ?

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5786

He was a non feeder and at the time I rehomed him for his last owner I wasnt experienced with snakes. My friend who keeps many royals was coming over to help me assist feed etc, and said that she would take him until he had established feeding properly. She fell in love with him though during this time and so I let her keep him.

We have known each other a very very long time (I have known her fiancee for 12 yrs lol) so I was happy for her to keep him. I get to see him all the time as she lives not far from me at all. And he is doing great.

Im glad I rehomed him in the 1st place though... there were 2 of them at his last owners. I just found out recently that his sibling has since died of starvation (the owner claimed she did everything she could to get it to feed but to be honest her knowledge of snakes is very limited). So if I had just left him witih her then I believe he would be dead now too

His last owner is who I rehomed Griffin (adult corn) from. He was a mess when I got him too but now hes doing great Shes since decided snake keeping is not for her and has now put all of her snakes up on gumtree although she continues to breed her corns??? Last time she bred one it nearly didnt make it. Too young to breed etc. Shes now trying to sell off the hatclings (anerys) at £50

Anyway back on track... I have since had experience with non feeders now and so feel more confident.

Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  12:44:11  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At least it's a happy ending

Good luck with your new royal ;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Yearling

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  14:51:43  Show Profile  Click to see scubadude's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
don't forget the wonders that are seed trays, my lot love 'em, low ceiling and dark
http://www.thegardensuperstore.co.uk/acatalog/Half_Size_Heavyweight_Seed_Trays_Info.html

1.0 Classic corn snake
2.3 Normal Royal
1.1 spider royal
1.0 Mojave Royal
1.0 Butter Royal
0.1 Pastel ph ghost Royal
1.0 Enchi Royal python
1.0 Pastel royal poss ???
1.1 Yellowbelly Royal
1.1 Cinnamon Royal
1.1 Fire Royal
1.1 100% het Clowns
1.1 Crawl cay boas
1.0 Hypo hog island boa
0.1 Hog island Boa
coming soon
0.1 Bumblebee

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  18:38:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome thanks scub xx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000