Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

razza
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  14:42:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all...

i am looking to buy my first royal, but need some advise on were to buy one. i live on the isle of wight and my choices are very limited.can anyone recommend any good rep shops on the south coast, or any good breeders. many thanks

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  14:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.wightbay.com/pets/royal-python/4360836

The price on this one with setup is pretty good (I'm assuming 'setup' will be rub - plastic box and hopefully mat and stat but probably not, you WILL need a mat and stat with a rub - setup with vivarium is different, but at that price it won't be a viv) - but would ask about age and make sure feeding record is good as snake seems quite small - however I bought a small sized girl a while back and she's been great. But make sure you get a good feeder if this is your first royal. Also preloved is good. Hope this helps - hope you get your royal soon!

Edited by - n/a on 17/09/2011 15:02:53
Go to Top of Page

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  15:36:00  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Go into shops and contact breeders local to you.
Get the set up ready and prepared before buying the snake, unless you buy one already set up.
Again as Lilith said, make sure it's a good feeder, I'd go for one a fair few months old if it's your first, just then if it does happen to stop feeding for a couple of weeks, it won't be a stressy or urgent due to the size.
Especially for a first time keeper, it can be very stressful.

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
Go to Top of Page

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  16:37:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You`ve got a couple in the Southampton area, heres one that i can recommend personally as i got my Pinstripe from him.
www.djreptiles.co.uk in Romsey (01794) 501255

Royals owned "lots"

Edited by - hodgie on 17/09/2011 16:39:53
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  17:27:09  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
South coast exotics and emsworth reptiles are both in the portsmouth-ish area where I live, they're both good.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2011 :  18:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Southampton Reptile centre in bitterne are really good and very helpful. I got my royal from south coast Koi in totton but judging by other shops reaction when i say where i got him from that they haven't got a very good reputation.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

razza
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  20:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys and girls...

Off to the mainland next saturday to look what's on offer, and maybe reserve my royal, can't wait.
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Yearling

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2011 :  04:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get all my snakes from the same place, reptile world in plymouth. might be a bit of a treck from the isle of wight but the owner is truly very knowledgable and breeds alot of his own stock i believe. never had a bad snake or bad advise from there and he normally has quite a selection of hatchies and adults alike. truly a 5* establishment and worth a look. tucked away tho so a sat nav might be required.

1.1.0 corns (amel + carolina)
2.3.0 normal, fire, pastel and 2 bumblebee royals
1.0.0 jungle carpet python
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000