New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  11:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday was Dio's feeding day and as always i got him out for his pre dinner cuddle as it's sometimes the only time i get to hold him.

We were happily sat on the sofa with him wrapped nicely around my hand while the OH was preparing the rat weiners for him. During which my oh so intellegent OH thought it would be an excellent idea to bring the mug with the rat warming up over to me at the sofa and blow the rat smell at Dio. The next thing we both know he's struck at the mug while still wrapped around my hand and gone into total feeding mode. I sat there for about 5 minutes not moving worried that he may mistake any of my fingers for dinner.

Luckily i managed to get him back into his viv without loosing any fingers. Atleast he did manage to scare the poop out of the OH when he struck so i don't think he will be doing that again.

The greedy little thing then wolfed down 2 rat weiners as they weren't big enough. He's not 496g empty so put on another 100g in less that a month

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  11:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohhh! Been there, done that but my fingers weren't so lucky lol.

They don't half surprise you - one minute pet, next minute feeding machine. And of course all you can do is tell them how clever they are for feeding, proud of them!

Good lad, he sounds to have quite an appetite!

Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  12:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's definately got a good appetite. I think he'd happily eat everyday if we let him.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  18:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eeek! Glad you still have all of your fingers!

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa
Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  19:22:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

eeek! Glad you still have all of your fingers!

Well the 9.5 i had to start off with lol

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  19:47:57  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol, it's surprising enough to watch him in his viv how fast it strike nice experience u had Dio :)

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2011 :  18:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats a good gthing that he has such a strong feeding response, I could dress in a rat suit, with a rat sellotaped to each finger and could pick Duke up no problems (dont ask me to prove it, I outgrew my rat suit).

Glad you survived, di you feel the power in them when they strike, I know when my Boa is been 'lovely' the kick back from her is incredible.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000