Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  20:17:58  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, ive been checking this site out quite alot so i knew everything about royals before i got my first one, so i decided it was about time to join up. Ive had her since thursday, and she seems to be settling in nicely, hiding all through the day and wandering around once its dark.
She is 5 months old and i havent had a chance to weigh her yet seeing as i havent got any scales at the moment. Shes also co-dominant albino too, so if i fancy breeding her a few years down the line it would be pretty cool to get some albinos. But anyway, here are some photos.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  20:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum, she's a lovely royal and good luck with the breeding!

Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  20:31:38  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks :) and thats if i end up breeding her, its a long way off at the moment, itll be one of those 'if the time is right' kinda things
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  21:48:46  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice congrats

Warning tho royals are very addictive ;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  10:27:45  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on your new royal looks very nice.
oh, and welcome to the forum

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  22:14:20  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I fed her for the first time tonight, at first i had let it thaw and then i put it in with her on a glass coaster (so she didn't eat any of her substrate with the pup) and for an hour she just sat near it smelling it and looking at it, I thought she would eat it like this because the shop i got her from had just been putting the pups in and leaving her alone. So considering she hadnt eaten it in this time i heated it under the lamp for about a minute or so and tried with the tongs, and she struck, scared the hell out of me when she hit it, but she kept missing (i dont know if i was because my hand was shaking or because she wasnt used to it) but eventually she got it and constricted. I was fascinated with watching her swallow it so i just sat and watched her for the entire time. Once she had finished swallowing it she just curled back up into her hide and now im going to leave her for the night. I cant wait to feed her again next week now, its such a rush!
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  09:24:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the site JerryC4. She looks great and i'm glad she's eating for you right away. You did the right thing if you think in the wild the rat would be warm and moving
this is what attracts the snake plus the scent. Some of my big girls still freak me out the speed that they can grab a rat. A reason she might have missed a few times is that she may be going into shed so her eyes are a little cloudy. I think you also meant that she is het for albino. Congrats again. The viv looks great as well.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  10:06:54  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Congrats on your first feed i love to watch my royal while he is swallowing his prey, i had 6 successful feeds till now, and i watched them all from the begining to the end i love the way they strike, grab, swallow and yawn at the end fantastic !!

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  11:49:10  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
One thing i have been wondering is what do the numbers mean in peoples sigs? the 1's and 0's? Ive got some updates on the vivarium too, i found some rocks in the garden, washed and disinfected them and built her a hide on the warm side, im going to go out a bit later today and find some sticks to clean and dry so she has somewhere to climb :), here are some pictures.....

Oh, and the reason ive got two thermometers in there is because i dont think one is working properly, so im just leaving it in there to test it, im going to be buying some digital thermometers pretty soon i hope
Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  12:01:05  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

I think you also meant that she is het for albino.

Yeh thats what i meant, im still learning with that sort of thing :s
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  13:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JerryC4

One thing i have been wondering is what do the numbers mean in peoples sigs? the 1's and 0's?

They just mean the sex of the snake jerry

The first number is the amount of males - 1.0.0 = 1 male
The second number is females - 1.2.0 = 1 male and 2 females
The third number is juvenile/unknown sex - 1.2.1 = 1 male, 2 female, 1 unknown

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  13:15:52  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ahhh, ok then, that makes alot more sence now :) thanks for clearing that up, once i get hold of a decent camera ill need to take some photos for my sig and sort that out :D
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  18:57:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Jerry and has already been said Royals are addictive lol and your snake is lovely...

P.s. Don't worry I don't think there is a royal owner out there that hasn't thought about breeding at some point and quite a few who do

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  22:05:52  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
since feeding her on monday she still hasn't left her hide, she keeps poking her head out with her body in an "s" shape looking like she is going to strike, does this mean that she is still hungry, hasn't finished digesting, abnormal behaviour or typical behaviour? i dont know whats up with her. Any ideas guys?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  22:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, my lot can do this ...still 'hunting' lol ...keep to the feeding schedule even though it's cute and looks like hungry snake behaviour; she does need time to digest, but sure looks like she's settled with you.

Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:00:29  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aww thats good then, how long do yours act like this for? do they do this because they feel fully comfortable in the area that they are in then? because i know that she wasnt like this in the shop that i got her from because she was fine and active when i picked her up last wednesday.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  23:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hard to say - they vary and just do their own thing, but as long as they're eating well(apart from the big fast lol) and husbandry/temps etc are ok, then I reckon the royals are doing ok.

Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  00:18:25  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats alright then :) seeing as shes my first pet that i can call my own (i had loads of home but its not the same thing seeing as they were mums) i just want to know exactly what im doing, lol, i hope you guys are ready to get blasted with queries about her, lol, no doubt you guys are the best people to ask :)
Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  19:09:17  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kax explored my room a bit earlier, so i took some photos :)

Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  11:36:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's lovely Jerry, and welcome to the forum. I still jump when Oscar strikes his food, lol. Kax is an interesting name, where does it come from?

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

JerryC4
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2011 :  13:06:07  Show Profile  Click to see JerryC4's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It didn't really come from anywhere to be honest. Before i got her i was just thinking about "snakey" names and i ended up with it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000