Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

smart1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  19:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
too cut a long story short im posting this so as others dont fall into the same trap i have ....
i traded some royals about 4 weeks ago with (mohammad)for one of my spied hachling all seemed ok on arrival apart from a pied that had a big lump on its nose which i wasnt told about , anyway i decided to take the animals (which has now turned out to a big mistake on my part)
i housed these snakes alongside 3 of mine which were 100% healthy and which im hopeing still are .
2 weeks into haveing the royals they started developing RI wich i started treating with f10 and visted the vets , when i first contacted mohammad about this he was straight away saying he would pay for the vet bills .. a day later it had gone from pay for the vet bills to pay for 2 vet bills (which he did ) then another came down with RI , today ive recived the results back from the vets and they have stated its not something that would have just happened to the snakes over the last few weeks also to compound the problem 2 of the said snakes have started bleeding from the cloaca with the vet has told me that this 2 is a problem that couldnt have happend over the course of just a few weeks.
ive spoken to mohammad about this and have offered to get proof from the vet but he didnt want to no , all i wanted was the snakes that i have got from him to be returned and to be reimburst for them,but he is adament it is not his fault even tho the vets has stated otherwise and ive offered to provide proof...

to top it all off the vet gave the snakes 50/50 of making it which isnt good to say the least when speaking again to mohammad
he said he would have no trouble to have took them back if they were all heathly,but then that statetment kinda defeted the point !
i no from alot of people that mohammad is a trader of royals in a big way and has a high turnover of snakes due to this i feel that anyone buying from this guy needs to be very very carefull as the snakes may seem heathly but just because an animal looks healthy doesnt mean it is BE WARNED!!

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2011 :  12:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you smart1. Does mohammad go by a username or just mohammad.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Yearling

110 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  20:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mutationsonly on rfuk. i believe you should read the thread on rfuk before judging mohammad,
Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  00:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brookestar

mutationsonly on rfuk. i believe you should read the thread on rfuk before judging mohammad,

So you traded afew of yours,for afew pied royal's from him?it sounds like he traded sick animals for healthy ones from your post,just to be rid of them.

Brookestar link pls?

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Yearling

110 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  01:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/classified-chat/765757-warning-anyone-dealing-mohammad-mutaionsonly.html
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  01:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers after reading that,the seller does have abit of bad feedback etc,Most good breeders will refund replace if you are not happy.

Anyway hope you get it sorted m8.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis

Edited by - boomslang on 21/10/2011 01:19:11
Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Yearling

110 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  13:56:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know my post made it sound like i was defending him, what i meant to say was before anyone says about him being a top breeder then should read others complaints
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  15:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know I find this very very disturbing, quite apart from the subject of the thread, who I know nothing about so can't comment on, imo there seem to be quite a few 'dealers' in snakes about; they'll tell any story in order to unload, and excuse unloading, their hapless 'commodities' and will attempt to charge a stiff price for a reptile which is often really a rescue case, and in many cases its very inadequate setup. In one instance I speak from direct experience.

Sorry for rant, but it does disgust me.

Edited by - n/a on 21/10/2011 15:16:12
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  15:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

You know I find this very very disturbing, quite apart from the subject of the thread, who I know nothing about so can't comment on, imo there seem to be quite a few 'dealers' in snakes about; they'll tell any story in order to unload, and excuse unloading, their hapless 'commodities' and will attempt to charge a stiff price for a reptile which is often really a rescue case, and in many cases its very inadequate setup. In one instance I speak from direct experience.

Sorry for rant, but it does disgust me.

Perhaps he keeps them poorly,or like bats stated inadequate setups,then just sold on for money.As some of the things people are ranting about,Wouldn't really happen to three snakes at the same time,within only afew days with the new owner.
They would have to have been poorly before.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  17:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a classic example of "buyer beware" the problem is no matter how many complain people will still buy/swap from this guy just the same as all these cowboy builders you hear about, no matter how bad the service they still seem to get customers, and even if you were to get trading standards involved they would either do nothing or it would take years, by which time the animals in question might have passed away and you wouldn't be compensated, imo all sellers of animals should have their setups regularly checked by their local council to insure the animals in question are as healthy as can be at point of sale, that way if things like this happen it really would be down to bad luck....... sry for the rant

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  18:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very true, Reptilemadd - and there are loads of bad shops, it would seem, despite council byelaws/trading rules, so very hard to keep tabs on private sellers.

I just wish that people trying to make a fast buck/outright con merchants would stick to inanimate objects like antiques/jewellery/cars instead of vulnerable living things ...

Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  19:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

This is a classic example of "buyer beware" the problem is no matter how many complain people will still buy/swap from this guy just the same as all these cowboy builders you hear about, no matter how bad the service they still seem to get customers, and even if you were to get trading standards involved they would either do nothing or it would take years, by which time the animals in question might have passed away and you wouldn't be compensated, imo all sellers of animals should have their setups regularly checked by their local council to insure the animals in question are as healthy as can be at point of sale, that way if things like this happen it really would be down to bad luck....... sry for the rant

trading standards don't care,even when they catch people.as its to much hard work.there to busy in places like tesco,where they can get money fast.
As for having a council visit etc if you sell animals,would be a good idea for people selling lots.Like this guy,had like 30 snakes up for sale.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I just wish that people trying to make a fast buck/outright con merchants would stick to inanimate objects like antiques/jewellery/cars instead of vulnerable living things ..
its people buying reptiles,then breeding when the market is full of said reptile.Look at bearded dragons

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Technically even if you only sell on the internet you need a pet shop licence or at least you do in Stockport which means that you are checked on regularly making sure you are doing everything possible to ensure the anaimals (dogs,cats or reptiles etc) are cared for to the best of your ability.

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  20:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

quote:
I just wish that people trying to make a fast buck/outright con merchants would stick to inanimate objects like antiques/jewellery/cars instead of vulnerable living things ..
its people buying reptiles,then breeding when the market is full of said reptile.Look at bearded dragons

well, no ...what I'm objecting to is people swapping and trading faster than the speed of light with snakes, any living creature - they buy them one week, sell them on for a profit the next ...is it any wonder that the poor little devils are stressed out/vulnerable to viruses/disease?

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  21:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Bats but most if not all breeders at some point are only in it for the money they may start with noble Ideals but sooner or later the money seems to take precident over the well being of the animals, and whilst there are always exceptions to the rule those breeders tend to get over looked untill a buyer has had a bad experience else where.
It's all about customer service at the end of the day and you'll always find that the breeders who go that extra mile for their customers are also the ones that respect and care for their animals

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2011 :  21:51:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's true - when breeding Siamese cats - BEFORE breeding - I was taught by the breeder of my first girl to 'go the extra mile' and consider the cats before anything.

But what I'm seeing nowadays on several forums is swapping and trading, regardless of the fact that this is in living creatures who are switched from place to place without regard.

Then it's wondered why the little things aren't feeding/in good health??

Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  01:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

Technically even if you only sell on the internet you need a pet shop licence or at least you do in Stockport which means that you are checked on regularly making sure you are doing everything possible to ensure the anaimals (dogs,cats or reptiles etc) are cared for to the best of your ability.

thats kinda the best point ever,you need a licence,if you have a shop or online shop,that trades animals.yet you can sell huge amounts on classifieds.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  09:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And unfortunately Boomslang untill the system is enforced in some way to sort the wheat from the chaff so to speak we're still going to get this sort of person trying to make a quick buck, with a total disregard for the animals in their care.....

I myself have decided to attempt to breed a specific morph of royal "clown" and will only be doing it on a small scale, and as I and others have said on other posts would be quite happy to swap one morph for another, but ONLY with people on this forum because although I have not met any of you, I feel as though I know quite a few of you and feel that like myself you would do everything in your power to make sure your reptiles are as healthy as can be....

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  11:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I feel the same about this forum - please don't think I frown on all swapping/selling by the way. But I encountered an unpleasant example of the 'buy 'em in bulk, sell 'em on at a profit no matter what state they're in' practice a while back (the seller is now flogging another suddenly acquired number of a different species) and I get a bit hot under the collar ...sorry if I came across as a bit combative, by the way, didn't mean to be.

Good luck with the breeding plans.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  15:57:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No not at all Bats I think I'm agood judge of character and you my dear do not stike me as the sort of person who doesn't say what they mean lol and I'm sure if you were to come across as being "combatant" it wouldn't leave anyone guessing if you ment to be or not I only made a point of saying I would swap or trade snakes with people on this site as an attempt to point out that I'm trully not in it for the money only as a way to increase my collection with specific morphs that appeal to me without spending a fortune in the process, so I suppose it's a bit selfish and tight of me or you could say i was just being thrifty lmao.

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000