Aggressive after probing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  19:29:30  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all I had my snake probed a few weeks back and ever since she has thought I'm dinner, she is just over a year old I think, she has not been using her hides and sits waiting for her nxt feed, I have just upped her food as I originally thought maybe id been under feeding her, she is fine once I get her out but I am cautious of her going for my lad and him becoming scared to handle her

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  20:19:37  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I doubt it has much to do with the probing probably just a coincidence royals tend to live in the moment they don't hold grudges very well. Maybe a shed is coming up so he's a bit angry is he hissing at all or just striking for you?

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  20:42:42  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Struck last 2 times I put my hand in to spot clean altho I just took her out and she seemed to ball up this time and didn't go to strike

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  22:11:12  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds more like a feeding response than aggression. Do you hesitate when you put your hand in?

Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  23:26:37  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No hesitation I'm Confident in handling her and putting my hand in the tank

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2011 :  23:35:20  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah just sounds like a feeding response how strange, a few of mine have done it once or twice but never consistantly

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000